Gibson Brands Forums: Gibson TB-JR '1922' - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gibson TB-JR '1922' Looking to identify this banjoI

#1 User is offline   mbean90 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I have a tenor banjo that a friend loaned me that I might be purchasing and I was just looking to get some information about the instrument. He says it's a Gibson TB-JR from 1922. The headstock does not look like any Gibson I've seen before and I feel like the neck might have just been replaced with an off brand. The pot/rim appears to be a true Gibson because of the Gibson sticker on the inside. I don't really care one way or the other because the instrument is very solid, I just like to know about instruments I own/plan to purchase. The serial number is 11503-10

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Full.jpg (265.76K)
    Number of downloads: 10

#2 User is offline   Gibson Brands 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

View Postmbean90, on 07 February 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

I have a tenor banjo that a friend loaned me that I might be purchasing and I was just looking to get some information about the instrument. He says it's a Gibson TB-JR from 1922. The headstock does not look like any Gibson I've seen before and I feel like the neck might have just been replaced with an off brand. The pot/rim appears to be a true Gibson because of the Gibson sticker on the inside. I don't really care one way or the other because the instrument is very solid, I just like to know about instruments I own/plan to purchase. The serial number is 11503-10

There's not much that we have available on the Junior models, unfortunately. The neck could indeed be a replacement, but the # provided does date to 1922-1925 which is when the TB-Jr. was available before it was replaced by the TB-0 later in 1925.
Gibson Customer Service

1-800-4GIBSON

service@gibson.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users