Gibson Guitar Board: maresto bridge - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

maresto bridge how to set pins and allen bolts

#1 User is offline   blake 999 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I have a marstro electric and its got a different bridge. Then iive ever seen its got 2 posts that it sits on and 2 allen keys that stick out of the back.how do i set it for best sound.

#2 User is offline   ikeus 

• Group: Members

Posted Yesterday, 12:22 PM

View Postblake 999, on 07 February 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

I have a marstro electric and its got a different bridge. Then iive ever seen its got 2 posts that it sits on and 2 allen keys that stick out of the back.how do i set it for best sound.

Wow! Lots of responses!! Don't blame em because this is kinda hard to describe and get right.. frustrating even!!
What the two end screw do are to manage the fore and aft movement of the bridge. Screwy because the two screw are supposedly going to help you intonate the six strings... ?
With a digital tuner get into tune., Then on the twelfth fret string is octave harmonic. pluck the string and see if your sharp/flat, or in tune.
The reading of sharp or flat tell you which way your needing to align the string. This can be hair pulling frustrating!!!
With time and experience you'll discover the correct compromises.
When flat, You will need to draw back that side(away from the nut).

The guitar makers assume with this type design that one can achieve
"proper tuning" with how they have designed the wrap around bridges.. Yeah right..

I will shortly be joining you in my attempts to intonate my newest Les Paul Limited Special !

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users