• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Service

#1 User is offline   littlejohnny 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationWest Germany

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Hi I bought my j-45 in 2006. The store is no longer a gibson dealer and I wonder if there are any gibson authorized repair centers that will perform necessary work on my acoustic? Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   stein 

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

I see we are in the "Gibson Germany" section of the forum. Does that mean you are in Germany?

I don't know the answer, just a couple thoughts: I am guessing the 2007 is out of warrenty. In some cases, I have heard of Gibson doing work on guitars technically out of warrenty when it appears the guitar is faulty. Is this your goal? If so, I would contact Gibson direct.

Of corse, you haven't mentioned what you want to have done.

Having said that, if this is not warrenty work, I don't think the important thing is to have an "authorized by Gibson" facility do the work, but rather the important question is one of competence. I would not turn away someone who was competent and treats you well based on that.

#3 User is offline   littlejohnny 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationWest Germany

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hi,

yes I'm in germany.
I need a new nut for the guitar and my main problem is to find a competent luthier. I know its not covered under warranty, so I was more hoping for some recommendations.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users