Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bigsby/Vibramate for ES-137 Custom?

#1 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Group: Members
  • LocationWest Richland, WA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Attached Image: John Gibson (2).jpgI really love my ES-137 Custom! I'm not so sure about the Varitone Switch, but that is another topic... Like I said, I love my Gibson. I really like the Bigbys as well, but not enough to violate my Gibson by drilling holes in it!! The Vibramate is a killer concept, allowing one to add a Bigsby using the existing Stop Piece mounts on the guitar. I ordered a Bigsby B7 / Vibramate combo without doing enough research as it turns out. Is the distance from the stop piece to the tail end really over two inches longer on an ES-137 as compared to a LP? Now that I have the parts here, it sure looks that way. Does anyone know which Bigsby (if any) would fit my ES-137, using the Vibramate? I'm excited about having a Bigsby, but I just can't bring myself to drilling any holes in my honey...

#2 User is offline   BigKahune 

• Just plain Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Going to the Vibramate site, they recommend the V-5 for the ES-137 - http://www.vibramate...model-chart.php . . .(the V-7 doesn't fit according to the chart)

Which goes with the B-5 Bigsby - http://www.bigsby.co...atos/bigsby-b5/

13 Gibson CS Advanced Jumbo R/Spruce..O12 Gibson Southern Jumbo TV....O11 RainSong JM-3000 12
11 Martin 000-15M Elderly LE....................O10 Gibson ES-359......................o10 Rickenbacker 360/12
09 Jackson PC-1.....................................O09 Fender 52 Telecaster AVS..ooO08 Gibson SJ-200 (Colosi S/P)
08 Gibson Robot SG LTD........................oO08 Fender Am/Dlx Stratocaster.....08 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe 12-string
08 Gibson Les Paul Push Tone...................o07 Guild F412...........................O07 Taylor NS74ce
07 Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II.....................o98 Martin D-45VR.....................0097 Guild X-700 Stuart
73 Yamaha G-55A......................................65 Gibson Melody Maker..............Amps: Bogner Alchemist (Head/212Cab)
Keyboard: 06 Yamaha DGX220............................................................................o Line6 Spider Jam & Micro Spider

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users