Gibson Brands Forums

Serial/authenticity check

Zeppelin

Hi!

I recently got hold of a guitar, #02005557. I don't know if it is genuine Gibson or not but it definately sounds and feels like it should. I got it without the switchknob so I also wonder where I can find a black spare to fit on my guitar.

Thanks for any help!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new, and in France, yes.

I have opportunity to purchase a second hand Flying V . I am a bit surprised about her : black, with a black pickguard

serial n° 80474537 means 1984 . She has a Kahler trem (chrome color, written KAHLER and not GIBSON). Although i take my nights to search something on the net about a possible Kahler series like this ... no.

Seems that some existed in 1983 without pickguard .

Also : she has the SEC stamp, meaning it is a second choice i guess. Could this explain the pickguard ( some defect to be hidden ???) .

Something else : the Kahler nut locking system is upon the truss rod cover.

That is the only way to fix the old Kahler design (the one with clamps) but this looks really strange on a Vee headstock.

If someone can help, i wonder if it is a genuine set or modification.

Greetings from France,

Pascal

if..I read it correctly it should be..

NOOOOO?

It cant be..guitar 567...build in 88 28 march...

Does that mean that the custom shop makes.;guitars...How many in 1 day? 1000? Thats 300.000 Customs A year

So its 1 of The 6!!!!

6 miljoen CUSTOMS BUILD IN 20 Years....My mind Boggles..

1000 A day?+Not to speak of the more expensive ones...

Serial # 80328567

Please....I m about to buy it...Please Have a look! Thanx

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150399250390&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OK NICE ONE! SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE AND HIS DOG iS BIDDING ON THIS BEAUTY NOW..MAYBE I SHOULD LEARN TO SHUT UP....HUM?Hahaha!

To good to be true A 88 Custom for 1320..Isnt it?

Well I was so busy.;brabbling..that I missed it..got sold to some lucky soul OR SOME NEO-NAZI 88 makes them come!

for.;1600 euro..I m sure it is real actually 99%

Look...?

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm new here and am concerned that my recently purchased Les Paul Studio is not genuine. It is Alpine White and appears to weigh only 5.5lbs. When I take the cover off the back the pots seem to be genuine Gibson but the cavity looks like it is not mahogaony but maple of a lighter colored wood.

The serial number is: 033680469 and model: LPSTAWCH1 Is there a way to check that the serial number matches the guitar and if it is genuine why so light and not made of mahogony?

Any comments or help would be appreciated

thanks..............

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there

I'm new to the board and so would like to check my guitars for authenticity as I struggle to understand the coding properly.

My guitar is a Blonde ES-175 Serial number 02576703 and it looks like the Custom model. Could you confirm any detail you have about the guitar please?

Many thanks

Phil

Hi there

I'm new to the board and so would like to check my guitars for authenticity as I struggle to understand the coding properly.

My guitar is a Blonde ES-175 Serial number 02576703 and it looks like the Custom model. Could you confirm any detail you have about the guitar please?

Many thanks

Phil

Im new at this too but if it s the same as Les Paul's, the serial number indicates it was made in 06 ... on the 257th day of 06 ... and made in the Tennessee factory.

• 3 years later...