Gibson Brands Forums

Biker Bar...

AXE®

Sold my Harley about 6 years ago and dreaming of a new one [-X

Right now I have a Suzuki Marauder - it's a cruiser with a bobbed rear fender and custom paint job - modded a bit for more power too.

I don't have any pics right now... not on this computer.

The last time I drove a motorcycle was about 30 years ago. It was deemed by those who know me that I should never drive one again lest I hurt myself and who knows who else. They've threatened jail time if I even talk about getting on one. The desire is still there, it never goes away, but through sheer will power I've been able to resist.

A thread for us two wheeled enthusiasts, Big Iron or Crotch Rocket every one is welcome here.

Who Rides? And whats your sled ?

I used to race bikes when I was younger. I spent alot of time in Shannonville and got my R.A.C.E.

certificate. I owned at one time or another...

Kawasaki GPZ1100

Kawasaki KZ1000ST

Suzuki GS1100E

Suzuki GSXR1100

Harleys are great bikes, but I was a speed demon at the time and nothing fueled my rush more then a big

Japanese bike. A rocket on wheels.

I've been riding Harleys for almost 30 years, and was founding director of our local chapter of the Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) in 1987 (currently around 1000 members). Here's the easiest pic I could find to scan. Taken probably 15 years ago or more, but I'm still ridin' her, a 1985 Softail. You can't tell from the b/w photo, but it's double metal flake (black and silver sparkles) candy apple red.

I was going to take some new digi photos last summer when this came up here on the threads, so I went out and gave her a bath. Instead of going inside to get the camera, I got my wife and helmets and went for a ride. Got to keep the priorities straight.

3097453537_b3564fa970_o.jpg

Two of my old rides.

A 1981 Low Rider, modded heavily with a springer front end, custom paint, and engine work. And a 1996 Dyna Wide Glide. Modded with engine work and and a few odds and ends to personalise.

lowrider.jpg

wideglide.jpg

I had a 1971 Sportster, then the Low Rider, and lastly the Dyna. I worked as a Harley Tech for 12 years, so I was always trading up and messing with the bikes. I don't have one right now. Times are tough! :)

Does anyone else besides me get it where the photos sometimes appear super tiny and you need to refresh the page few times to get the photo to a normal size?

Yep. I quit using IE due to that. Started using google's chrome browser and have found it primo. Except for uploading to photobucket...for that I find I have to use IE. Go figure. O:)

I've been using the Opera browser for months now. Better than FireFox or IE. It has features that you will actually use, not just a bunch of gimmicky crap that takes up hard drive space and make your PC lock up.

For a year and a half I had no car... only a motorcycle. That kinda got it out of my system. Between the rain (a lot of that in Florida) and the cold (I know it's Florida, but winter mornings are still a *****) and people pulling out in front of you...

I wouldn't mind having another for a weekend ride though, especially if I had enough cash laying around for one of these new Crossbones...

AAAAAkaNIgcAAAAAANqPqA.jpg

but I will never go back to riding daily.

Archived