Gibson Brands Forums

L4-C Pricing

fulmar

Hi. I'm new to the forum, but have been collecting and playing Gibsons (and other guitars) for 20 years. I recently decided to sell one of my L4-C's via eBay and I'm afraid I may have priced it or described it incorrectly. It hasn't received any bids and I've lowered the price and offered free shipping. If any members of this forum have input, be it positive or critical, please let me know. The link to the ad is below. Thank you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130851645008?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Hi and welcome to the forums... [thumbup]

The asking price does look somewhat optimistic...a brand new ES 165 can be purchased for similar money...

It is originally an acoustic archtop so some purists may object to an electric mod...even though removable...

I believe there is a 'nil reserve' option which may get the bidding started...but may embarrass the vendor with 'low' bids... [biggrin]

There is a general recession going on of course, which may make things a bit more difficult than usual...

V

:-({|=

Thanks for the input. I lowered the price $400 to $1900. Hopefully, that helps. I need to part with a couple of guitars and the L4-C doesn't get played enough to keep.

I think you will get a few bites towards auction close. It looks like a well-done endpin jack modification and shouldn't detract from the price. Be patient and I am sure it will sell for close to what you expect.

• 2 years later...

I know these are older posts, but I am looking for an L4 C (posted in the trading post section of the forum). If you hear about any for sale, please let me know. I am following the usual sources, e.g, Ebay, Reverb, and Gbase. Thanks for your help.

Fred

Archived