Gibson Brands Forums

Snow in southern La.

cajunman831

So you did get snow there? Having trouble deciphering whether you did or did not. But damn you global warming! Causing it to snow in south LA. +:-@

Up north here we're having mid winter conditions ... and it's still fall!

Damn global warming ....

I grew up in New Orleans and it snowed there I think 3 times before this last thing... the previous one was on Christmas day a couple years past (don't remember exactly which year but it was after 2000 for sure). I remember one of the heavier snows was during the time when the USMC had Noriega holed up in a church. I don't know why I remember that.

Of course now I live in Ann Arbor MI (a real hole) where the weather is retarded and people love karaoke far more than live music... and nobody can cook. But the wife will be done at U-M soon enough so we can blow this dump...

I've lived in MD (DC area), Texas (deep in the heart of), and now back to Buffalo. First let me start off by stating that the city and just north of it (where I live) do not get as much snow as people think. We aren't even in the top ten in the nation (see snowfall amounts for more information). The Blizzard of '77 gave us a bad wrap, but that was a one in a lifetime event. Yes I'll agree that snow sucks sometimes. But when it snows here we are out and about within a day at the most. The airport is hardly closed. We handle it quite well up here. I'd rather deal with snow than hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, mudslides, 110 degree heat, etc. We truly get four seasons and the summers are great (in the 80s). Plus house prices have actually gone up here, even this year (ok so we never got to see the bubble peak but the good news is that we aren't part of the burst).

Archived