Gibson Brands Forums

Crossroads Guitar Festival

Tom Croysdill

Hi,

I'm 16 and want to be a blues guitarist when I'm older so have decided to take part in the 'playcrossroads' competition in the hope of winning and therefore playing at Eric Clapton's Crossroads festival (very ambitious I know). I've uploaded 5 pieces so far and if I gain more interest I'll add some more.

Please help me out and play through some of the pieces and also click 'add your support' as I need all the help and support I can get. It would help massively if you could also pass it on to other and get them to do the same, even if it's just your family.

Many thanks in advance, link is below

Feedback Appreciated :)

Tom

http://www.playcrossroads.com/u/TCroysdill6

:D

I've listened through your tunes a few times and you have a very nice tone and generally good playing. Quite good recording quality as well. My opinion only, but I think the two Elmore James tracks are the best, with the second being a little better than the first. The slow blues numbers have some nice touches but, for me, they are too long. It's hard to solo for three minutes and keep it fresh and inventive. A little more backing would have been nice as well, as it's the slightly fuller backing that makes the second Elmore James track the standout one for me. I'll skip over White Christmas. You're obviously still quite young so you've got tons of time to improve on a very promising start. I wish I could have played so well when I was your age. Of course I'll give you a like.

I've listened through your tunes a few times and you have a very nice tone and generally good playing. Quite good recording quality as well. My opinion only, but I think the two Elmore James tracks are the best, with the second being a little better than the first. The slow blues numbers have some nice touches but, for me, they are too long. It's hard to solo for three minutes and keep it fresh and inventive. A little more backing would have been nice as well, as it's the slightly fuller backing that makes the second Elmore James track the standout one for me. I'll skip over White Christmas. You're obviously still quite young so you've got tons of time to improve on a very promising start. I wish I could have played so well when I was your age. Of course I'll give you a like.

Thanks very much for the support and feedback. I agree about having more backing but I'm limited by budget and bedroom space! I'm nearly in the top 200 out of over 2200 so far which is crazy considering the fanbases of people I'm going up against! To have a chance I need to be in the top 100 when it ends (March 8th) and then 4 judges will decide who gets to go

Thanks again for support!

Tom :D

I'm very impressed. Guitarists either have the right "feel" for playing blues or they just simply do not. You have it. This is saying a lot, believe me. When I listen to a player, if he has "it" ( this feel for the blues whether he is actually playing a blues song or not, it's there ) I can most likely enjoy his playing. If it's not there, I probably won't care to hear him again.

Technically, you're also coming along quite well. Keep it up. Play, play, play all you can. That's about the most important thing you can do. Sooner or later, if your work at it hard enough, hopefully you will be able to establish your own "voice" in your playing. I wish you the best!

Corey

I'm very impressed. Guitarists either have the right "feel" for playing blues or they just simply do not. You have it. This is saying a lot, believe me. When I listen to a player, if he has "it" ( this feel for the blues whether he is actually playing a blues song or not, it's there ) I can most likely enjoy his playing. If it's not there, I probably won't care to hear him again.

Technically, you're also coming along quite well. Keep it up. Play, play, play all you can. That's about the most important thing you can do. Sooner or later, if your work at it hard enough, hopefully you will be able to establish your own "voice" in your playing. I wish you the best!

Corey

Wow thanks so much for the feedback and comments! It ends on Friday so I don't have much time left!

Thanks again

Tom :D

Archived