Gibson Brands Forums

My early 30's L-00 3/4

wayside

Oi vey! Beautiful. I didn't realize there was a 3/4 model a'ways back then. I know where you're coming from though as the tone freekin' jumps off the strings of my '33 and plays so easily.

Are you sure of the model? Looks like an L1.

Oi vey! Beautiful. I didn't realize there was a 3/4 model a'ways back then. I know where you're coming from though as the tone freekin' jumps off the strings of my '33 and plays so easily.

Are you sure of the model? Looks like an L1.

L-00 3/4 for certain....it's tiny...actually about 3/4 the size of my L-00's!

These are totally cool and totally rare. And they do sound great!

Rich and I have met over L-00 3/4 in that other place and we have a club.

Ours is a 1935 -- I just dated it for sure with Joe Spann's help. We also have a Kalamazoo Sport Model, the ladder braced Kalamazoo version from the same period. Here they are together.

threeforths.jpg

Here is a demo and a comparison between a Martin 5-18, L-00 4/3, Sport Model 3/4, KG-11 ('34 Carson Robeson) and a '33 Martin 0-18 (for reference).

Let's pick,

-Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I have just ordered a new Boseman Gibson LG 3/4- Arlo Guthrie Signature Guitar which is modeled on a guitar Woody Guthrie gave to his son Arlo. He took it to Boseman and they made a faithful reproduction. He then suggested that they might like to make a run of them. The guitar is Sitka Spruce top with ladder bracing, mahogany sides and back with mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard.

I suffered from 4 strokes 25 years ago which resulted in an incapacity to my left hand. I decided to sell my HD28 and 0021. This year a friend suggested that playing might be good therapy so I bought a new 2011 Martin D35, I had a D35 in the 60's. Playing is hard work and I have very little chord progression at this stage and only playing chords in the first position. I decided that a 3/4 scale guitar might be easier and it was whilst turning this over in my mind I discovered the LG 3/4 modeled on a LG 3/4 of the late 40's. I have a 7 day trial period with it with the option of a full refund if the exercise fails but I am quietly confifent. I wonder what people here think?

post-54124-050402100 1363749486_thumb.jpg

Archived