Gibson Brands Forums

The BB Pro conspiracy...

:oilpit:

In the last few weeks I have been googling pickups stuff in anticipation of my PU purchase.

After reading through a bunch of articles reviews and forums I found something interesting.

Burstbucker Pro, bridge and neck are the same pickup

I called up Gibson and it's true, both 8.5K.

which brings me to my question

Is heat the only difference in neck/bridge pups? Are the 57 classics in 335s the same, is the only difference in BB1s 2s and 3s the heat?

They are not the same pickup and it actually matches the chart and they have different pole spacing.

The bridge clocks at 8.05Kohms and the neck at 7.4Kohms. Yet they sound louder than another guitar I have with a 13Kohm bridge humbucker why? I do not know.

I always thought a good rule is the bridge should be 2 to 1 to the neck but impedance has a freaking forumla that Einstein would have trouble understanding. I mean BB Pros are very close in measurements but yet well balanced.

man' date=' the guys who plotted the roswell conspiracy and the keneddy assassination must be stretching for new conspiracies, cuz this one sucks

#-o

its a conspiracy man, im tellin yall, the whole govt is in on it[/quote']

LMFAO

Flight959

sometimes Gibson installs the incorrect pick-ups in the guitars, and you end up with two that are identical in the guitar, that shouldn't be... like having two burst bucker pro neck pick-ups in one guitar... That's part of the reason why they all sound different...

Archived