Gibson Brands Forums

Personal Insults and Vulgarity

nolongermike@gibson

Hey guys, when I opened this section for an at-large topic area, it was never intended for person insults, creating polls to humiliate other forum users or to post vulgar photos. We try to be pretty light-handed around here, but seriously, that thread was a bit much.

I'm unfortunately going to have to shut this section down if that kind of thing happens again. Anyone posting vulgar photos will get a two day suspension and anyone unable to act like a grownup (even if they are not one) will have their IP banned. If you wouldn't show it to your mother or mother-in-law, don't post it here. And if you would show it to them because you have no manners, but you know you really shouldn't and deep down in the back of your head there is a little caged angel telling you "NO THAT AIN"T RIGHT" then don't post it either.

Guys,

Put the jokes to one side a min!

We all know why mike has posted this Thred and to say you dont is being unreasonable!..

Things have gone a little too far this time...

If you think you owe an apology to a member, then I suggest you are man enough to PM that member!

Then we can all move on!

Sorry guys, I enjoy this place and yes this is my serious head on now!

Regards

Flight959

Hi mike, thanks for this post, it shows us you are here and watching over us... yes sometimes we do need a mod to take care of some things, specially like that post, I think it was about to get out of hand...

Sorry if I have made any of the above mentioned stuff. I'll do my part and behave.

I really hope Tim hasnt gone, all the comments made about him (by me and others) are just for fun and we all consider him a friend and respect him.

All apologies to anyone who thinks I have gone to far. I sincerely hope we can all join hands (perhaps in Mikes bar in Second Life) and sing camp fire songs. Besides I would hate to have to relocate to the Fender forum. Not nearly enough deep thought there.

Sorry if my pole offended anyone. It wasn't intended that way at all... I hope Tim didn't take it as an insult, it was quite the contrary....

Mike you are 100% right in what you said here but keep in mind you are relatively new here and a few of us that go back a long way since the old forum and begining of this new forum understand that none of it was done with bad intent...

If I caused anyone any grief please accept my apologies...

I know it's not up to us to police the forum, but it doesn't help when people jump on the "band wagon", and perpetuate the abuse.

I've been on many forums, and this one seems to be one of the most interesting and civil that I have seen. Please don't let a few clueless people spoil a good thing here by letting the fun topics get out of hand.

I know it's not up to us to police the forum' date=' but it doesn't help when people jump on the "band wagon", and perpetuate the abuse.

I've been on many forums, and this one seems to be one of the most interesting and civil that I have seen. Please don't let a few clueless people spoil a good thing here by letting the fun topics get out of hand.

[/quote']

Well said Dyna,

Flight959

Although I've not posted in any length, and do have intentions of putting up my pics here real soon, I do enjoy this site for 2 specific reasons. First and foremost, I really do think this is "THE" best site to get questions answered as well as picking up any info that I wasn't aware of. I would really hate to see this portion closed. I visit daily, due to my guitar addiction, just to see what's up and going on. I do appreciate the fact that Mike does his job well as admin. 2nd, the members here for the most part, make me laugh. (Just lost my job recently), and that is key for me right now. I'm just thankful I've found this site and intend to use it vigorously.........

I know it's not up to us to police the forum' date=' but it doesn't help when people jump on the "band wagon", and perpetuate the abuse.

[/quote']

Very true, I've been quite a forum whore myself over the years and I gotta say the one thing that I've noticed is that as soon as one person says one mean/rotten/negative thing, it just opens floodgates and acts as a sign that makes others think it's ok. I have to agree, this is definatly the most civil forum of all the one's that I've been on, and I think it has to do with the fact that we're all, for the most part, mature adults here.

i did not see this out of handedness i totally agree that if things were getting out of control it needed to be stopped. sorry to tim if he was offended

i said it was just a joke son :]

all though i wish i had gotten to see what people thought of my guitar hero tims rock theinternet edition x]

Archived