Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul of 50 years old !!!

Guy

Hi every one

I just received a Gibson Les Paul in A1 condition from an old uncle

He pretend that this guitar have been bought in 1952

This guitar is a model 31051 and got a metal carrier

There is some one know the value of this guitar?

Please reply to my Email creditquebec@videotron.ca

Thanks

Guy

=D>

No one can give you any idea of the value of the guitar without seeing pictures and verifying what it is. I don't think that serial number would indicate a 1952 model to start with, but without photos it is impossible to say for sure. It is irresponsible to offer any other advice or value without seeing it and verifying it, sorry. Of all the people I have seen coming to these forums in the 5 years I have been here, only 2 had possible original 1950's guitars, 1 was a Junior that needed to be restored, the other was a 56 Custom. If you can post or provide some pictures of the overall guitar, the front and back of teh headstock showing the serial number, the control cavity, and under the neck pickup, I might be able to get you started down the right path, but without seeing it, I can't say or do more.

It would be irresponsible to guess at any value without seeing the guitar and confirming what it is. The serial number for one does not appear to be a 52 to start with. Not trying to rain on your parade, but serial numbers for Gibsons can be a real mess between 52 and 76, although between 52 and 61 or so there is some order to them. I would need photos of the front and back of the headstock, the whole guitar, the inside of the control cavity, and the inside of the neck pickup cavity to start with. Without at least some pics no one can even begin to guess at what you have. I have been part of the Gibson forums since about 2002 and have seen many people who thought they had vintage guitars from the 50's. Only one was for sure, an old modified Junior, and one might have been an original 56 Custom. Post some pics and we can start to help you figure out what you have and direct you further.

Archived