Gibson Brands Forums

Let's See Your Epiphones !

Old Rocker 59

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fedex truck brought this, yesterday.

msp_thumbup.gifGEDC0264_zps81dc35a3.jpg

You are gonna enjoy that , I have one , was about to trade it in on a "PRO" EL-00 . We could not agree on a fair trade in price , I kept mine the store kept theirs , mine sounded better than the several guitars I played that day.

I'm glad I kept it , I bought that guitar just prior to the Pro model's introduction.

You are gonna enjoy that , I have one , was about to trade it in on a "PRO" EL-00 . We could not agree on a fair trade in price , I kept mine the store kept theirs , mine sounded better than the several guitars I played that day.

I'm glad I kept it , I bought that guitar just prior to the Pro model's introduction.

I have been playing this thing 3-4 hours a day since it arrived. Again, this guitar proves (to me) that these China made Epiphone's are mighty nice, for the price. I can't really complain about any of the several Epiphone instruments I have been able to obtain. They sound good, I haven't broken anything yet (no stripped tuners or any other "bad", quality related things). I'm hoping the "bright" tone will get a bit "sweeter", maybe with time and a change of strings. What strings might you try on a guitar like this, when the time comes to replace (which may be quite soon). msp_smile.gif Also, this not being a "pro" model, what acoustic guitar pick up(s) might you suggest trying out ? I would like to "electrify" it at some point, but use something that is easily install-able as well as removable. I am going to ask about this on the acoustic forum toomsp_smile.gif

Here is my favorite Epiphone....

I really enjoy this particular guitar....................

DSCN2985_zps89df4a76.jpg

of course it has been completely rebuilt from the ground up

What modifications have been done to this "rebuild" ?msp_confused.gifmsp_smile.gif

this is the newest.CAM00068_zpsdu4k6ss2.jpg this is also a $5 straight from china bridge CAM00004_zpsmv3tynil.jpg but imho this is the most fun CAM00009_zpss1y0vgvf.jpg and this is the jazziest CAM00230_zps2elhx0ak.jpg there is a lot of other epis but too many to post pics of.

What modifications have been done to this "rebuild" ?msp_confused.gifmsp_smile.gif

Well to start with... it was completely stripped down. The frets were replaced with stainless steel medium jumbo , leveled , dressed and polished.

A new vintage unbleached bone hand made nut by Forrester Kustom guitars. Then Mike Forrester proceeded to .......

rewire it with silver and cloth wire through out. Jensen paper in oil .022 capacitors installed / Original CTS 500K pots/ Volume bleed resistor circuts installed / an original Gibson Varitone circuit installed / Gold plated aluminum stop bar tail piece installed / Gibson ABR bridge / Golden Age Parson's Street "PAF" humbucker pickups installed ( Alnico 5 at the neck... Alnico 2 at the bridge )( only because I liked them better in this guitar than the Gibson 57 Classics ) Gibson Deluxe tuning gears installed / Switchcraft gold 3 way switch installed and Switchcraft jacks installed and Gibson gold bell knobs installed.... so about the only real original Epiphone parts are the body and the neck.

Oh and Forrester will be making me a custom bound pickguard without the center mounting screw hole. It will be exactly like the one on the Gibson Lucille with a vintage Gibson mounting bracket soon

The reason for all this custom work.... I wanted this instrument to be the very best it could possibly be.

Archived