Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 Cobraburst

davenumber2

funny you posted this---saw that on sweetwater a couple days ago and was curious if it's an "exclusive"

would like to see it in person. I think it's cool and being a bit of a photographer, i also know that God awful backdrop they have photographed it against is NOT helping it any. I'd be willing to bet it looks dramatically different in a normal setting.

I like it too. I think it will age well, and even if it doesn't it will probably be valuable just because it will probably be rare. Who knows, it could be the defining color of the next decade. One of the things I like about Gibson is that they aren't afraid to experiment, and it is sort of a legacy of the company.

Maybe I am missing something here but I am not seeing a cobra connection.

In the words of my kid - Icky.

I am missing the connection as well - perhaps a cobra is about to 'burst' out of the soundhole?

As said before, there are photos and there are photos - mine being the first category.

In the shop, it may look glorious. I saw the photo of this National while I was looking for information on them and I didn't like it at all, but one in the actual shop just about leapt off the wall (like a cobra?):

http://www.nationalguitar.com/national-reso-phonic/Triolian-12-Fret-Walnut

BluesKing777.

Maybe scales are easier on a Cobra burst guitar???? The price of that guitar would take quite a bite out of my pocketbook......There have been some pretty strong reactions to this guitar, I don't like to see all this venom about such a new guitar..........This guitar comes with Cobra strings, coiled up in nice packaging....Fangs for posting this...

Archived