Gibson Brands Forums

Help in identifying my SG

jett

. I have a beautiful Daytona Blue Gibson SG, it has a flamedmaple neck and pretty i think burstbucker pick-ups. It has a "USED" stampon the headstock, right above the serial number. I have not been able to findany information on this particular guitar at all, and a lot of people seem tothink the guitar is toxic due to the "USED" stamp on the headstock.If you could please provide me any info on this SG that would be muchappreciated. The serial number is 019490372. I have also included some photosas well. Thank you very much for your time and assistance regarding thismatter.

-Jonathan

post-54804-034068100 1364482772_thumb.jpg

post-54804-003754800 1364482841_thumb.jpg

post-54804-048496000 1364482889_thumb.jpg

post-54804-093365700 1364482927_thumb.jpg

. I have a beautiful Daytona Blue Gibson SG, it has a flamedmaple neck and pretty i think burstbucker pick-ups. It has a "USED" stampon the headstock, right above the serial number. I have not been able to findany information on this particular guitar at all, and a lot of people seem tothink the guitar is toxic due to the "USED" stamp on the headstock.If you could please provide me any info on this SG that would be muchappreciated. The serial number is 019490372. I have also included some photosas well. Thank you very much for your time and assistance regarding thismatter.

-Jonathan

Hi,

This is legit, it was part of a run made exclusively for our "Mega Outlet Sale" in 2009 - see http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/mega-outlet-sale-to-offer-720.aspx

The "used" stamp does not imply that there is anything wrong with these instruments, it stamped as such due to the nature of the sale - all instruments were sold "as-is" with no warranty.

Your model is the "SG Premier: here's the specs that we have on this;

SG Premier - Daytona Blue finish

Body - maple

Neck - 3 piece maple

finberboard - bound rosewood w/acrylic trapezoid inlays

pickups - BB Pro

Archived