Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I thought spamming was trying to sell something? What was I selling?
  3. I purchased an LG1 in '64 for $125. I would think yours cost about the same back then. In today's dollars - that would roughly equate to $1250. The minimum wage back then was $1.25. I had to put in long hours at the local grocery store to save up for it. My actual 'student' guitar originally cost around $25 new from a department store - a "Stella". There are a dozen or so LG-0s on REVERB and they range in price from $900 to $1500, depending on condition.
  4. Actually, it just depends on who you are. The other thread is still active.
  5. Yes. It was a joke. I posted that before I knew about the penalty points. I'm sorry.
  6. That explains that framed piece of spray painted concrete I have had hanging in my home for 25 years with the little brass plaque that reads "Berlin Wall 1961 - 1989".
  7. You should get into building your own pedals. You could make an ocd with the clipping diodes on a rotary switch and have all the options in one pedal It would have been so easy for Fulltone to put that on a switch. They probably didn’t want to modify their enclosure or PCB designs
  8. I had same issue with the mic in my J-50. The sticky part of the Velcro didn't hold to the wood. The Velcro part was fine. I had some real good double sided tape in the garage, so I cut a small square out and reattached the mic....maybe 3 years ago.... still holding fine.
  9. I guess if you open a thread on a bridge falling down, it had better be the London Bridge and played on a Gibson.
  10. I’m guessing maybe dem00n who hated EMG
  11. Ben, next time mention that one of the road workers had a Les in his trunk!
  12. Murph, If the T-50 stapler doesn't fit through the sound hole, perhaps a pop-rivet gun might. RBSinTo
  13. lol Murph please tell me you’re being sarcastic about the stapler suggestion
  14. Today
  15. This. If we wait for the insurance claims to be worked out, it will sit there for 3 years.
  16. Which puts it about a year or two before they got rid of the plastic bridge, as evidenced in the pic. Some folks have had these converted to X-bracing and rosewood bridge to great effect, but it is a cost I'm not sure the guitar is worthy of. Full disclosure, I've got a '67 LG-0 and it sounds better than it has any right to. Unfortunately for it, I have several guitars that sound and play better, so it mostly sits in its case.
  17. That does look good. Gibson made quite a few maple bodied J-45s in that finish… (always tempting😎). Good move changing out that pickguard, too. Were you asking about the “Ebony“ models, or is this one supposed to have Ebony board and bridge? Congrats
  18. I got one too. Mine say's it's for "spamming" and to keep content guitar related. I think we should have a better explanation if we're being penalized. How can we know how not to do it again. I have no idea what I did wrong. Where is ksDaddy?
  19. Looks like that guitar has already been the recipient of some shade tree lutherie. . And it didn’t give up those frets without a fight – a good bit of tearout out at several frets, but especially fret-19. Judging by the scraping along the bass side of the fretboard extension, it almost looks like someone may’ve already done a neck reset on it (?). The rosette looks like it may have something going on in that area, too. you think that the seller being a luthier, it would just be repaired and sold, of course, after a re-fret and fretboard leveling.
  20. Mine have never done that. Actually the 2003 J-45 has a bracket/clip thing. Maybe it's screwed in? My J-15 has the velcro, but it's never fell off. My batteries are pretty old anyhow, I never/rarely use the electronics, I mic mine. If you could fit a T-50 stapler into the soundhole, you could staple through the velcro, through the body side, and just bend the staples over on the outside. That would hold it.
  21. I haven't seen AXE, ksg_Standard, oilpitt, Thunder or Neo, in years. Homz and Milod died, Surfpup comes around once in a while. And that kid, he stopped by last year. Well, he's not a kid anymore. Can't remember his name. He either loved or hated some brand of pickups?
  22. Upon a closer look, the L12 serial number starts with EA, not ES. Thank you for providing this information. Much appreciated.
  1. Load more activity