Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sixty-Tu.... I tend to lean on the sustain pedal a lot so I have time to make my chord changes. I've owned the piano for 48 years.....never a string change since I've owned it. The 3-String area on this piano allow you to tune each string individually, (on many pianos, you tune two strings at once), so you can get it pretty close without breaking strings all over the place! I really like the candle holders..... when the electricity used to go out, (before the home generator) I used to light them and just play in the dark.
  3. I bought a slide decal off eBay that looked pretty good. I have a'68 J50 that some stripped the head stock. The guitar is in a very well worn state and I did not want it to look too pretty.
  4. Bravo! I didn't think you were going to do the whole song. +1. Were you leaning a bit on the sustain pedal, or does the piano just sound that cavernous ? 'Wonder how many times the strings have been changed in all of those years. 😀 Yes, that is an excellent touch, especially when rooms were lit with oil lamps. My eye went to the retro looking table radio behind the bar- 'had Heathkit radio flashbacks til it looked more like a modern Sangean WR-11.
  5. Today
  6. So more of a '58 neck carve, apparently, which IIRC is entering baseball bat territory. Which is confusing to me, because I heard the original was in between a 50s and 60s neck. Well, 58 is numerically, but, you know. Beautiful top though.
  7. Thanks Again I buy StewMac tools all the time.... ya they are pricey, but they have always made projects easier.... especially for a hobbyist like myself that needs all the help they can get
  8. Most of all my Gibson's have been switched out to the Tim Shaw era pickups. I still have four pairs from my buying spree from 2010 to 2012 where I purchases a total of 20 pairs. Now they are just too expensive. For me they have a nice bitey tone with tons of clarity whether you are distorted or clean. Of all the Gibson pups I have tried, for me the Tim Shaw era pups are by far the best for what I do. See the below video when I first received my Pro Tools Recording program and I recorded a little guitar lick using my VOX AC50 and my 1980 Les Paul Custom.
  9. Metallica had 100,000 copies of the album with "Grammy Award Winners" stickers ready to be shipped. They printed 100,000 stickers that said "Losers" and stuck 'em over the word winners before shipping.
  10. I plan to refinish the neck of my Gibson B-15, and want to replace the headstock decal. I see vinyl die cut decals by Diamond Cut Graphics. Anyone familiar with these? Are they quality? Same font and size? Thanks.
  11. The RRHOF lost me, and my attention, years ago. The Grammys too. Same corporate, clueless kinds of committees. I recall seeing Metallica on stage in 1989 at the awards show, playing their A$$E$ off, and killing a live rock performance. Moments later, they awarded that years "Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Recording" to Jethro Tull. Never paid attention after that. (Well, years later, I watched replay on my computer of the evening when ELO finally got inducted into the Hall. But was miffed when they only included the early lineup of Roy Wood, Jeff Lynne, Bev Bevan, and Richard Tandy. No respect at all for Hugh McDowell, Melvin Gale, Mik Kaminski, or Kelly Groucutt.) 😐
  12. ¿Versión en idioma español? Versió en català?
  13. The stripes are currently too bold in my opinion. Maybe try peeling off the backing and place the guard upside down on the other side to see how it would blend in. I think it might look really nice!
  14. The laughter, a so necessary presence Best Regards for watching
  15. Local GC has a used one for 2900. I don’t remember the date. It has the pick guard lifting and besides a few minor scratches one ding that should have the finish touched up. The guitar looks to have held its structural integrity. It sounds uniquely great. It’s a Fire Bird not a Dove. Location – Anchorage Alaska chasAK
  16. These types of app driven pedals are coming thick and fast now.. Very very cool stuff. I think if I were to be going for something like this I would probably get a spark go amp. The software with that also includes auto jams, song analysing from Youtube and Spotify (so it will find the chords for you and display them) and other stuff like that. But as a pedal that works as a stand alone product this is pretty cool
  17. Never. They raise prices and people still buy em. If you don’t want them, don’t buy them, Gibson knows someone will.
  18. Yes... that's a 2010....I got it from another Forum member many years ago. I'm told it's the ONLY right-handed Hummingbird 12-String made that year, (I'm guessing there was a Left-Handed one also made). I've made well over 100 videos with it....plays and sounds like a dream!
  19. The piano is an 1871-74 Carl Ronisch piano. I've had it since 1976, so it was over 100 years old when I got it. Ronisch pianos are still being built today. It's not as tall as an upright, but taller than a spinet. It sounds like an old upright. I still play it.... I've tuned it dozens of times....it needs tuning right now. Here's an example of how it sounds:
  20. We haven't made it to the Palm Springs show in a couple of years.... maybe next year, (it's help the first weekend of the year). Would love to get together with you!
  21. Dog, I did struggle to find the window that allowed me to grab a "direct link".....but hopefully, I'll get it down.
  22. Yeah, I tend to vote for acts I consider "Rock"....but others might consider Rap a form of Rock Music....just not me.... but I'm of the generation that will soon be gone....and the museum needs to install acts the younger generations consider "Rock".
  1. Load more activity