Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sexual adventures Live Women [URL=https://datesnow.life]Supreme Сasual Dating[/URL]
  3. Today
  4. "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" -- AC/DC
  5. Two cannibals start eating a guy, one starting from the head, the other at the feet. After a while, the “head” cannibal had worked his way down around the neck. Without looking up, he asked the other cannibal how things were going on his end. “Great! I’m having a ball!” The first cannibal said, “wow, you eat fast!”
  6. Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looked up and said to the other, "Does this taste funny to you?"
  7. Women say that all men cheat, but on The Maury Show, 80% of the men are not the father.
  8. When my buddy Steve and I play acoustic duo show ( and also when we add more people and play as a full band) one of the songs we always do in the last set is You Can't Always Get What You Want. To take up time, I always do an improv jam over the C and F chords. A few years ago I somehow spontaneously came up with a way to fit the Jessica riff in there. Of course it's not in the same key and it's a slowed down version but it works. It's become a "thing" in our set now, where I will do an extended jam in the style of Dickey and eventually come back to You Can't Always Get What You Want I'm sure we will extend that jam even further at tomorrow nights gig.
  9. I’ve come a long ways on my guitar technique (at least for me). I almost always start a song playing open chords, but then I end-up playing at the 5th-7th frets as I play melodies instead of strumming a chord. For some, it’s pretty routine stuff, but for my level of playing I feel like Chet Atkins. Music is a very enjoyable journey for me. I’ve never pressured myself to be a real good picker. I’ve just picked-up the easier things to do. It’s never been a completion for me. I just like to play. ….It’s also a form of therapy. I write a lot of songs. Many are unfinished and some of those will likely remain that way. That’s just part of songwriting for me…..Recently I came-up with a chorus and am now working on the verses to a new song. Sometimes what you consider to be the chorus eventually becomes a verse as the song kind of starts writing itself and something else becomes the chorus. Sometimes you have a line you really want to use and because you won’t drop it, you have a real hard time moving forward. I have that happen a lot…lol….. Hopefully, I’ll finish this song, because I really like the chorus. The years have changed this heart of mine, but like a flower that withers on the vine, I seek nourishment so I can bloom again, that’s when I reminisce about old dogs and old friends.
  10. I heard about this from one band mate tonight while I was at practice with my other band. He was one of my favorites, and I definitely cop a lot of his style in my own playing. Of course nowhere near his level. RIP
  11. saturn

Dickie

RIP. He was one of my favorites.
  12. Open the image in imgur, a list of link types will open down the side. Tap “direct link”. Then paste what got copied in your post. Hit return, image should pop up in a beat or two.
  13. Hello everyone! Not to much out there on the 70s Tribute humbucker. Has anyone has compared them to the 498T? Thx.
  14. Played "Jessica" today. RIP Dickie Betts, we miss you !
  15. Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. My daughter likes sentimental stuff so maybe I can fob those off to her. I have a friend in northern California who had 16 Bitcoins someone paid him to settle a debt and those, if he had the good sense to cash them out recently, ,could have raised him up to millionaire status for a while. Small wonder the always practical Japanese saw quality American made guitars as good hedges against inflation so they must have bought thousands of them. Type in almost any Gibson model on E-Bay and you'll find a wide variety available from Japan and they always are being offered as "Brand New" in their listing descriptions, The only way that could be true is if they were bought factory fresh, stashed in a vault (never played, of course) and now, for reasons the sellers only know, are being re-offered to American buyers. A fair number appear to be reasonably priced so maybe the phenomenon is dying out.
  16. Gee, thanks for saying that. High praise indeed. I wish I could say it was the result of a long, arduous epic quest, but it literally fell out of the heavens right when I started playing again and about a week after I bought my first new J45 Studio. The Studio, for being a blind, clueless, impulsive purchase at GC, I lucked out and is a super decent player. I saw the DIF model when I was researching Gibsons after I got home with the Studio, (I had no idea what I bought) and thought well, gosh, that was “a dream guitar, maybe someday.” Idly checked if one was available, just to see what they cost, but nothing was available in the market, plus oof, the previous sold prices! Poked around for a few days, then gave up, figuring it would happen someday maybe. Then about a week later tried again for the fun of it, and this one popped up. I guess I was on the phone within minutes of Carter posting it. That’s a whole ‘nother embarrassing newbie story, chuckle. Suffice it to say, Carter is all class and incredibly patient. I didn’t even realize it was a little different when I bought it. 🙄 I am amazed by it everyday. I am striving to again become the player it deserves.
  17. EM… I envy all of you that can bond with a few instruments and keep them. Mine come and go like apparitions. Who knows . One day a Dove. Or a D35. Maybe I bond with families of guitars. Martins. Gibsons.
  18. Impressing all the way - suits them to dive brown. Not quite so 'loud'. How I'd like to compare it to my, , , , not Dove, but (blonde) Firebird.
  19. Recall recommending the Dove in the phase where you realized Hummingbirds probably weren't goin' to be your ticket. Never really heard response - the Umanov-incident may have played in. It's hereby drawn back - you are too far and happy down another path. . Have to agree - there is a delicate/thin/clear/tinny high end to most square Gibsons, which in my ears calls for that half step down. However I believe there is a chance the Bird and the Dove arrives there via half-different stairs - maple bein' one key factor of course. That's also why the thin high ends reached are related yet not all similar. And yes - the 45/50 seem to steer free of this challenge - the horse simply having too much ground-contact. Hahe, , the guys aren't dangerous as long as we don't cross the line. Hope that's not done by calling them a crypto-comedy-duo. In that case I better walk carefully now - done that several times and really like them. . Quite a surprise you didn't get the blonde bass - it was SO obvious in these cans and without a doubt made me prefer that one. Still - let the 2 guitars break in and we'll see. Both of them will probably end up amazing. Natural for acoustic jams - orange for studio sessions.
  20. Cool! I have no clue, but just suggesting you might want to make this a new post to get fresh eyes on it. There is a also a Gibson amp forum and a repair forum that might be able to point you in the right directions. Folks will chatter about other gear frequently.
  21. Yes. Stupidest thing ever. Your gonna get rich from a McDonalds happy meal toy? You’re kidding me right? Some thought they would. Nope.
  22. One of the few Duane years questions I ever asked him was "what were you thinking for that One Way Out solo, and how'd you get them harmonics on that one and Stormy Monday?" "I wasn't thinkin anything. It was hot, them speakers were raging*, and I was just standing in the right spot for both of them. You could bite them notes off they were so good". *2 100 watt heads into 4 cabs with 15" Altecs and JBLs. They had to cover the backs of the cabs with plywood and drywall so they didn't kill Butch. When I was a wee lad of 17 and played his white Les Paul on that Great Southern tour he did, Gloucester County College, I learned from him then "strings up pickups down". That's how you do it. rct
  23. Sgt. Pepper, you're only kidding about the Beanies, right? My late wife, God rest her soul, collected those (can't use those words here) Beanie Babies for years and every time we would go to a flea market she'd dig around and find a rare limited issue "Beanie" while I'd roll my eyes and groan. Now, I'm stuck with a tractor trailer load and I have no practical use for them. Ok, maybe not a tractor trailer load, but for me, even one is too many. How can I unload them and use the proceeds for a Gibson ESS 335? Chicago Music Exchange re-quoted me $4.5K for their custom shop red 335 model plus taxes and shipping which would still push it over $5K and result in too many nights of eating Ramen noodles. Couldn't someone accidentally put an inconspicous scratch on the underside of the neck to bring it into my price range? Anyhow, I'm patient...I waited 31 years to sell my Texas home, 50 years to trade in my SG, so what's another decade or two to wait for my ES 335? I'm only 73 and surely I'll be spry enough to shred when I'm Willie Nelson's age, right? I'm pretty bummed there was a 2006 red 335 for $2,295 a few weeks ago and I was asleep at the wheel on that one while someone else, wasn't. Strike while the iron is hot applies...
  24. Something like that, Thank You. He hasn't been well for quite some time, I am glad he made it this long. We know each other, but I don't know who you are! rct
  1. Load more activity