Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That does look good. Gibson made quite a few maple bodied J-45s in that finish… (always tempting😎). Good move changing out that pickguard, too. Were you asking about the “Ebony“ models, or is this one supposed to have Ebony board and bridge? Congrats
  3. I got one too. Mine say's it's for "spamming" and to keep content guitar related. I think we should have a better explanation if we're being penalized. How can we know how not to do it again. I have no idea what I did wrong. Where is ksDaddy?
  4. Looks like that guitar has already been the recipient of some shade tree lutherie. . And it didn’t give up those frets without a fight – a good bit of tearout out at several frets, but especially fret-19. Judging by the scraping along the bass side of the fretboard extension, it almost looks like someone may’ve already done a neck reset on it (?). The rosette looks like it may have something going on in that area, too. you think that the seller being a luthier, it would just be repaired and sold, of course, after a re-fret and fretboard leveling.
  5. Mine have never done that. Actually the 2003 J-45 has a bracket/clip thing. Maybe it's screwed in? My J-15 has the velcro, but it's never fell off. My batteries are pretty old anyhow, I never/rarely use the electronics, I mic mine. If you could fit a T-50 stapler into the soundhole, you could staple through the velcro, through the body side, and just bend the staples over on the outside. That would hold it.
  6. I haven't seen AXE, ksg_Standard, oilpitt, Thunder or Neo, in years. Homz and Milod died, Surfpup comes around once in a while. And that kid, he stopped by last year. Well, he's not a kid anymore. Can't remember his name. He either loved or hated some brand of pickups?
  7. Upon a closer look, the L12 serial number starts with EA, not ES. Thank you for providing this information. Much appreciated.
  8. Today
  9. Arrived. Keeping it. 11/16 nut… I love. Deep neck. Very full shape, which I am sure contributes to a deep tone. This is a great guitar. I did take off the white batwing. I replaced it with the old Holter Pickguard that once came off my J45-TV. pleased!
  10. "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" -- Flatt & Scruggs
  11. Thank God it's nothing serious.👍 I still don't know why don't they make these systems use rechargable Li-ion batteries, so there would be no need for removal. (Let's hope LRBaggs guys see this great idea and get to work!)
  12. Nope it’s battery boxes flopping around.
  13. The Pictures are cool.. And you got some nice Guitars.. But, that music was & still is magic.. Even though the recordings weren’t done in big fancy Studios with all kinds of Gear & using all the tricks those early Recordings by guys like Robert Johnson still stand up today. I too would like to see a Gibson Robert Johnson Guitar..
  14. I thought you were new to songwriting and needed help.
  15. It seems to be a problem on most of the acoustics. I have 4 that have those flopping around inside
  16. Dennis, Putting the case of a new guitar having a problem it shouldn't have aside, from personal experience I can assure you that the adhesive used on Velcro is not strong enough to stand up to the pull required to unfasten it, and will fail every time you pull the battery box out. I suggest you speak to a Luthier for a better adhesive alternative that won't affect the sound. RBSinTo
  17. Took it out of the case to play and heard something heavy rattling around. A flashlight revealed the battery box had come loose. And not just loose, but tangled. After unstringing it took awhile to untangle the wires. Found out the double sided Velcro was not even sticky. Down to the hardware store for some double sided tape. Relocated the battery box to an easier access location. Restring and back playing. Disappointed 3k guitar needed fixin after one week. Thankful it was something I could fix. . .WITH PATIENCE. I may have developed some new swear words. Thanks, Gibson.
  18. That's your serial number, not the model number.
  19. I think I was the second guy to watch this video the day Reverb posted it. Nothing like good ol' Hendrix tone to set the mood. A vibe pedal, some fuzz face, an octave pedal, and a wah wah. Look out now!!! And yes, JB did say that.
  20. Milod added me as a friend. I miss that guy. He was one of the best members of the lounge. Anybody ever hear from AXE? He was another member who was well respected around here.
  21. What? No Pictures. If you ain't got no pictures,,,, well you know what they say.
  22. The Olympic's have a long-standing tradition of including obscure sporting events: Tug o' War Rope Climbing, keeping the rope theme going. Plunge for distance Obstacle Swimming Artistic Swimming Race Walking and the most insane competition .... Pistol Dueling. However, the Olympic competitions of Live Pigeon Shooting and Poodle Clipping were once the golden dreams of many during the 1900 Paris Olympics.
  23. Thanks, It was a good break. It's incredible what you can do when you put your time into things.
  24. Yesterday
  25. I bought this guitar about a year ago. I DO love it but ,it's off to a rocky start. First the under saddle pickup didn't pick up the low E string. Removed it for a k&k . Then one of the tuning pegs[Butterbeans] broke off. Gibson sent me a new set! Now my Luthier is finishing it up ; said the frets were all uneven. Well I hope this is the end of it!
  1. Load more activity