Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It seems they left all the original archtop equipment at 225 Parsons, and I doubt Gibson could compete with those prices
  3. Bottier, Not sure how this differs from the characteristic sounds one gets from any other particular brand of guitar, electric or acoustic. RBSinTo
  4. I thought they were guitars or more correctly guitar makers? I wouldn’t doubt Henry J thought about buying a hardware store, he had 18 other stupid things he tried to sell. Now it’s $700 leather duffel bags. plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
  5. Today
  6. I'm currently working on Romanza, Spanish Romance. Here's a young Lady doing a particularly appealing rendition. Mine doesn't sound anything like this yet but we live in hope🙂
  7. Gibson -> Hammer! Fender -> Not a Hammer!
  8. I think decades back Gibson gave 2nds away to young artists for free and that those were branded as promo.
  9. I have a few songs that have been kicking around for a good while now but after Covid and some natural disasters and stuff in the last few years the band has only done a few gigs per year and its time to (hopefully) inject some new life into the setlist. On Saturday we should just about get the drums/bass/rhythm guitar to a decent enough level where we can record it to share around and work up lead guitar and vocals over the next couple of rehearsals. Whilst the songs actually feel a bit old to me now, its nice to see the boys getting enthused and working on their parts so I'm enjoying it quite a lot versus rehearsing the usual set
  10. Everybody's Everything — Santana Notes ♫
  11. I had been working with my niece on her music exam. She had to come up with an idea on some guitar music and I helped write it and then I did a recorded version for her to learn (so it had to also be quite basic). She wanted something that could be like a theme for a horror show or something like that and she wanted it to start of slow then get fast. Thats all I had to work with. In the beginning when I started recording it I hated everything I did and really started to question if I could even do it at all any more. But after some editing it actually turned out reasonable. I enjoyed the task anyway. Thing is for me these days I need a reason to do stuff like this. I do enjoy it but when doing it by myself, just to do it. Well I feel its a lot of work for something that in the end very few if anyone will ever hear so I dont really see the point any more.. Which is sorta sad but hey.. It is what it is.
  12. Yeah…..I think that’s why I shelved it back in the 80’s.
  13. I was thinking about the demand topic in addition to what the prices would now be.
  14. Great job! Definitely higher than I’ll ever get! You handled it well!
  15. I think it's been going downhill for a few years due to lack of demand. In 2014, I wanted a Mandolin F5 and had to order it. In 2014, I bought an L5P. It was one of 10 they built that year.
  16. If you have a DIF, you probably don't look at or yearn for a Dove.
  17. This nut is stock, it' s made of Corian. Best nut is made with Bone, Graph Tech TusqXL nut are very good too, I have an adjustable Graph Tech TusqXL nut on my '15 Gibson SG, very low action and many good vibrations.
  18. I wasn’t going to say it 😄 I did go in and visit with my DIF after reading this thread yesterday
  19. Just checked the inside and it says Memphis. I really appreciate your insight. Are you saying this guitar is suspect? Regardless, I love it, it feels good and sounds good, I love just looking at it and taking out my paint brush (sneaky awesome way to brush out dust in those nooks & crannies) and rag to clean it, and I've actively and blissfully played it for 15+ hours since I got it last weekend and it's just what I wanted and I'm keeping it so the hard truth is fine.
  20. I think they look plain.
  21. Use Imgur or other photo sharing site to post your pictures. You load the pic there, then there is a place grab the direct link and paste it here in your post. And when you post the link it will connect with the photo site. Good luck, and hope every day keeps getting a little better for you.
  22. Don't get me wrong, I think Slash is great, but I could have laid down a better solo than that one. I would have let some of the phrasing breathe a little more, rather than the constant playing of 16th notes of pentatonic scales.
  23. Sign of the times unfortunately. Thanks for the update.
  24. Yesterday
  25. John, you need not ever delete a post here. The system space remaining note only applies to the difference in the size of your avatar image and the maximum allowed for said. Your all good, buddy.
  26. I seriously never heard the entire AFD album till about 2007 or so. I heard Jungle, Sweet Child and Paradise City so much when it came out I was sick of them.
  1. Load more activity