Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. You’ll need to post some pictures using an imaging site like imgur.com for anyone here could take a look. serial number alone won’t verify it.
  3. I played it for hours last night… Boyd was right about the neck. Dramatically different than the real deal latter 60s models. Yes it has the 11/16 nut width, but the neck is deep and wide. Like the 50s reissue necks. Much deeper than the standards as well. i didn’t like the neck when I tried it on an LG-2 banner reissue back in 2016 or so, but that nut was wider. this neck is… different. Played it for several hours last night, and my hands adjusted fine. Maybe the nut width. Maybe because I like the tone and am more willing to adjust? I don’t know. But man… the difference between the tone 1 minute in and 2 hours in… stark. i took off the old strings and it sports Martin 80/20s now. I dig. She stays. The cheapie guitar goes.
  4. You still have to inspect that battery for possible leaks, like every 3 months.👍
  5. So the Grateful Dead could go and play there during an eclipse. I have a live cd/dvd on what is called Rockin The Cradle : Egypt 1978. The album that got released was awful. I bought it for the dvd. The packaging is impressive. Donna was still in the band. Her husband was a damn fine keys player.
  6. That is one of many theories. Nobody knows for sure who built them, or if, or how, they were compensated. Heck, they still are not sure WHY they were even built. Only theories.
  7. Are you allowed to use a snorkel? Be a very short competition otherwise.
  8. I learned on my neighbors LG-0 1957. I tried to buy a new one in 1962 in Boston but I found a shop worn LG-1 for $75. I later bought a used one c 1990 for my son, but he sold it.
  9. The Telephone Song — Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz Notes ♫
  10. I'm thinking of buying a j-45. I played an ML j-45 at the store and it was lovely. There was no regular CS banner j-45 in the store to try. For those who have tried both, was the ML significantly better?
  11. Didn’t realize I’d create such a stir with this post, but, now that I have it secured I won’t have to replace the battery for 1000 hours
  12. Get in touch with Taylor from Holter Pickguards, https://holterpickguards.com/product-category/all/gibson/. A little pricey, but he definitely makes a quality product.
  13. I like the one that came on my SJ. Has what looks like a gold glitter or marbling background with a little translucency.
  14. Instead of payment the aliens were told they can show up unannounced in theirs saucers and do rectal exams on any farmer that has a corn field. If the flying saucer is such a great design how come NASA is not using it?
  15. Nah. They were built by aliens. Illegal probably. From another galaxy. Flown in by the Pharo.
  16. I used a Sunset for quite a while. It was a good live overdrive. rct
  17. I’m a black pickguard guy. But it’s yours. It looks weird to ME.
  18. This fire stripe guard I landed a few weeks ago was not the right profile..............a false start or two is often in order. You can see some of the tan line under the high E and B strings. The back is covered with clear kitchen wrap to allow the transparency show without sticking it to the top...........just a look at what fire stripe might look like on this one. Sending the original guard as a template will make for an exact copy.
  19. Yesterday
  20. New Gibson J180 Everly Looks like these have a darker tortoise pick guard compared to the Cat Stevens limited run and last production run of Billie Joe J180s. Still very different than the original 60s Everly model which they’ll probably never do. It has a custom shop decal and it’s being referred in the video as a limited production run and priced accordingly.
  21. Actually the Egyptian pyramids were built by a skilled working class and they were compensated. The race bating I hear is coming from other circles trying to tie the accident to DEI .
  22. Well I had my Tech sand the frets down [$150] .it plays better! but I feel like I shouldn't need that on a guitar that is less than a year old. Oh well ;play on!
  23. To say those frets were "removed" isn't accurate. Those frets were ripped out without any attention to how it shoud be done. Not to mention the other issue you can see, in addition to whatever issues you can't see...
  1. Load more activity