Gibson Brands Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If it doesn't get used out it goes. I've been trading my whole life, never give it a thought once it is decided that it goes. rct
  3. I realize the warranty expressly excludes finish issues, which puts you up a creek with no boat, but I would definitely take that to a Gibson dealer and start trying to return it. rct
  4. Great story CaliMan!!!! I graduated early, got my own apartment and off to be be a rock star. lol. To me other than marching band, high school was boring and I never had a girl friend in high school, so there was no emotional attachment to make me want to stay and hang out another year.
  5. I was never into Saturday Night Live...... All my pals in high school would watch it, but the times I did watch it, there was this thing made of clay called Mr. Bill and I just thought that was just completely stupid. The shows I watched with my pops were the Smothers Brother's, Flip Wilson and All In the Family..... I wasn't allowed to stay up late and watch Johnny Carson, but when I was able to watch Johnny, that was and is still my favorite late night TV
  6. Duane, I've had several students who were able to graduate at the end of their junior year. I think the best was one of my juniors was so caught up in the gang life that he was on the verge of falling headlong into that lifestyle. After working with him consistently and after days of encouragement he started to move away from the gangs and the street life. He became the first person in his family to graduate high school. He enrolled in the local jr. college and is now an auto mechanic. Sometimes a little encouragement and persistence pays off. So my question to you is, did you stick around for your senior year? Or did you graduate early?
  7. My rule is never lend more money that can kill a friendship...... Half the time I have lent money to friends, I have never seen it. As for buying guitars..... I have certainly stepped over the red line on more than a few occasions...... Sometimes you just have to go outside the financial guard-band.
  8. I'm not sure if a high school counselor is considered a teacher, but her words will always ring clearly. "Duane, you will have enough credits to graduate high school at the end of your junior year."
  9. So... one of my economic students a few years ago was actually told by another teacher that he would "never amount to anything". This was the brightest student in my class. He aced the class and the final. It also turns out he Navy wanted him to be a nuclear engineer in the submarine fleet. He signed on as a sonar tech. Anyway, that's it. Not someone told me, but what one of my best students endured.
  10. It's possible they should have spread it out over a period of time. What's perplexing to me is why they're only putting out somewhat semi-affordable Slash sigs now? I could be mistaken, but didn't the previous Slash signature models cost like $10K? Or has the value skyrocketed? I could be way off though, because that's before I found this place. Before, I used to just... play. Didn't even know what a truss rod was. Good times.
  11. This is my SG 64 Murphy Lab 2023 😭😭😭 I think it will peel off completely 😭 What can I do to reverse this?
  12. Thanks for the input! Yes my supreme is on the way from sweetwater. I’m really pumped to play it and break it in myself.
  13. Today
  14. Buy the other and hang on to the traditional. It might grow on you.
  15. If it were me..... I'd keep it and buy another.
  16. Do it. I like the Classics. plus this one for whatever reason doesn't inspire you to play it.
  17. The second-generation luthier who fixed my '42 up handed it back with the words his father called guitars which sounded like mine a "once in a blue moon Gibson." He also said he never heard his father use that accolade on any Gibson other than those built in the 1940s.
  18. I have a 2014 Les Paul Traditional that I never use (it's actually like a brand new 10 year old guitar, the only thing I've done to it is remove the pickguard). I've really taken a fancy to buy a new Les Paul Classic because of the sound options, particularly the out-of-phase option. I know some people would think trading the Trad for a classic is a backward step, considering the Trad has a solid body and the 59 tribute humbuckers, so I thought I'd ask the wise people on here, would you do it?
  19. "Video Killed the Radio Star" -- The Buggles
  20. I almost wet my pants reading that. To much Slash, how dare you!
  21. I will dig up my ticket stubs of Dregs and Steve shows tomorrow in my cigar box of stubs.
  22. I first saw them at the Santa Cruz Civic Center 1982, Industry Standard Tour.
  23. I love the Dixie Dregs! I saw them back in Oct. of 1979 at the Macon, GA, City Auditorium. It was a small venue that looked like a theater with a balcony. I was 17 years old. This is one of the best concerts I have ever seen. I have vivid memories of that show to this day. Absolutely incredible. Unfortunately, their tour is not coming to the west coast. I am very disappointed.
  1. Load more activity