Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

This is John, rancher from Eastern Montana (as you might guess). I have been a Gibson/Fender amp guy since high school ('67 class) with some Fender git time in too.

Though most of my time has been with Jr. electrics and bands, I started with a WONDERFUL f-hole acoustic and am ending (did I say that?) with a Sheryl Crow. No Gibson acoustics between but a number of LPs, Jr.'s, and Specials in between.

I do have a problem or two with the Sheryl Crow so I thought I would visit and see if my concerns are common or my imagination.

I will let it go at that, for the moment.

Glad you fellas/gals are here to enlighten!

Thanks ~ john

• 4 weeks later...

This is John, rancher from Eastern Montana -I do have a problem or two with the Sheryl Crow so I thought I would visit and see if my concerns are common or my imagination.

I'll be interested to hear what the issues are - from other SC owners we hear lots of good things.

Hi all

Simon from UK here...

Acoustic player mainly - and mainly for self entertainment these days (I'm now 48 and boringly employed!)

Guitars - well an Epiphone Sheraton - a 335 copy that I bought in 1980 ish and has served me well; also an Ovation Balladeer of similar vintage

And now - to celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary my wife bought me a new guitar - which brings me here... it's a 50th anniversary 1960s Hummingbird (1 of 200). I've fallen in love with the guitar all over again.

Glad to meet you all...

Greetings one and all, you have found a treasure trove of Gibson info and affermation

One rule when talking about your guitars ; pictures are the rule of the day show'em often.

How to can be found in the sticky section of the forum

wellcome aboard,

Just realized I posted to wrong place. Copying this and posting elsewhere.

Hello all. I am a proud owner if a new Epiphone Sheraton II.

I took some basic guitar lessons when I was a teen, joined the guitar club in high school, and played a little. Bought my first guitar with my whole paycheck somtime around 1978 (Atlas acoustic) which still sounds really nice. I had a strat style guitar that was given to me (I forget the brand name) but I gave it to my nephew many years ago.

Last year, after 30 years, I got back into playing and picked up a used Squire Affinity Strat (Indonesia) from a local music store for $100 (prob payed too much). The guitar looks new and plays pretty good (after new strings and alot of adjustments). Along with it I bought a used Marshall MG30DFX.

Recently, I decided to go with something kind of in-between my acoustic and the strat so I decided to try out some hollow/semi-hollow bodies.

A few days ago I went to a GC to try out some as they had a decent variety on hand (Gretsch Eloectro, Ibanez Art, Epiphones, Godin 5th Ave). I really liked the feel and sound of the Sheraton II (Korea) and they happened to have one in Natural on clearance $100 off so I wound up going home with it ! Had to set it up a little when I got home but I am really pleased with it. I liked them all but the Sheraton just seemed to be right for me.

I really liked the Bigsby on the Gretsch but it was not enough to sway be from the Sheraton. Maybe I will add one later. Ordered a Epiphone 335 Hardshell Guitar Case from MF for under $90 with free shipping and it's on the way. Looking forward to playing and sharing on this board.

Fran

Fun hollowbody Fran. I listed my Sheraton for sale, and sold it... to my son, so its still in my rack. [biggrin]

This is the Acoustic section of the forum, you'll find some good folks here. There's a whole section in this forum for Epiphone too - and I'll bet they'd like to see some news and pics from a new Epi owner too. http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/forum/47-epiphone/

Ha ha sorry, typo although our drummer played an accordion case at an acoustic night the other week so box wouldn't be too weird

A friend of mine once backed me up with a broom. We painted it blue and called it a "blues broom". We stuck a mic on the floor - and it was the perfect effect. Neil Young's "Harvest Moon".

Hi All

New here, from lovely chilly London (but Australia originally). I'm a casual player and always wanted a Gibson, but somehow always put it off as I couldn't justify it for cost reasons. Still, over Christmas I got my dad a Epiphone Hummingbird, which was so nice that it got me thinking, maybe I'd get a Hummingbird for myself, but a Gibson. So I went online to research and after a lot, and I mean a lot of deliberation ended up with the Songwriter Deluxe. I had heard good things about the SWD and the price here in the UK was decent when ordering from Thomann in Germany (even if ordering a guitar off the internet made me a little nervous, but no worries in the end, the process went very smoothly and the guitar has a lovely tone straight out the box), couldn't be happier with how smoothly it all went. I wasn't sure if a hard case was included but thankfully it was.

I ended up getting the Songwriter Deluxe Custom EC in Vintage Sunburst, mainly as I play up the fret board from time to time, plus the electro-acoustic nature of the guitar could come in useful from time to time and I'm always partial to some tasteful bling (I'm going to keep the guitar for decades so why not go extra for the Custom). Went the sunburst option as am quite fond of that look.

All in all, I just love the guitar, I had also for a long while mulled over whether or not to get a J200, I think some variant of that will be my next guitar down the road to complement the SWD.

Here are a few pics btw:

OxJBY.jpg

2Opb3.jpg

aVsUn.jpg

mE3Q4.jpg

FPq3T.jpg

Hi All

New here, from lovely chilly London (but Australia originally). I'm a casual player and always wanted a Gibson, but somehow always put it off as I couldn't justify it for cost reasons. Still, over Christmas I got my dad a Epiphone Hummingbird, which was so nice that it got me thinking, maybe I'd get a Hummingbird for myself, but a Gibson. So I went online to research and after a lot, and I mean a lot of deliberation ended up with the Songwriter Deluxe. I had heard good things about the SWD and the price here in the UK was decent when ordering from Thomann in Germany (even if ordering a guitar off the internet made me a little nervous, but no worries in the end, the process went very smoothly and the guitar has a lovely tone straight out the box), couldn't be happier with how smoothly it all went. I wasn't sure if a hard case was included but thankfully it was.

I ended up getting the Songwriter Deluxe Custom EC in Vintage Sunburst, mainly as I play up the fret board from time to time, plus the electro-acoustic nature of the guitar could come in useful from time to time and I'm always partial to some tasteful bling (I'm going to keep the guitar for decades so why not go extra for the Custom). Went the sunburst option as am quite fond of that look.

All in all, I just love the guitar, I had also for a long while mulled over whether or not to get a J200, I think some variant of that will be my next guitar down the road to complement the SWD.

Here are a few pics btw:

OxJBY.jpg

2Opb3.jpg

aVsUn.jpg

mE3Q4.jpg

FPq3T.jpg

hi sawyer , nice to see another gibson fan .

i can see why you like it so much , i'm not the songwriters biggest fan but thats very pretty has to be said.

hopefully we'll get to hear the thing to with a video or two , theres half a dozen of us here who regularly annoy the other members by ruining favourite songs .

Hi all. Drew Spencer from eastern Kentucky. Just this week, my boss/uncle rewarded me for my 18+ years with the company by buying me a new Gibson Southern Jumbo (my pick). Needless to say I'm STOKED! I have a few guitars all under a grand, and this is my dream guitar. Looking fwd to my Gibby experience, and being on this forum. Cheers!

Thanx guys! Yessir, he is a great boss and a better uncle, even if he did try to talk me into a Martin instead, lol. Told him I couldn't thank him enough, he said grading lumber for 18 yrs was enough to earn most anything! Hmmmm.....wonder if I coulda had the Jackson Browne J-45? :)

Hi I'm Trevor from West Yorkshire, England. I've only been playing for a couple of years so am very much a newbie. After hanging up my motorcycle leathers for good I needed to find a new hobby. I have always wanted to learn to play guitar in the past but never stuck to it, man how I now regret all those lost years. After starting with a couple of epiphone acoustics I finally took the plunge and bought a Hummingbird and have hardly put it down since. Really enjoying my playing now. This is a great forum by the way guys.

Wow! Beautiful guitar, Welcome aboard. Lot's of members from your neighborhood here.

Hi All

Here are a few pics btw:

OxJBY.jpg

2Opb3.jpg

aVsUn.jpg

mE3Q4.jpg

FPq3T.jpg

I've been lurking here reading about all these great Gibson's for quite awhile. I have been playing electric for about 3 years and finally bought a cheap Fender parlor guitar for an acoustic blues course I began back in August. Well, acoustic blues has taken over my life. Every chance I get I am working on my fingerpicking. I have two little ones, ages 2 and the youngest 6 months, so when I can't play because they are napping, I am here looking at Gibson acoustics.

Anyway, after getting hooked on acoustic blues I went on the search for an old Gibson. What I found was a little beauty. Either a 1936 or 37 Kalamazoo KG-11 Senior. It is such a fun guitar to play. I even find myself daydreaming about playing it when I am at work! I have no other current gas at this time, but I love looking at all the Gibby's you guys have. Here are some pics of my Senior. Cheers all!

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Hi all. Drew Spencer from eastern Kentucky. Just this week, my boss/uncle rewarded me for my 18+ years with the company by buying me a new Gibson Southern Jumbo (my pick). Needless to say I'm STOKED! I have a few guitars all under a grand, and this is my dream guitar. Looking fwd to my Gibby experience, and being on this forum. Cheers!

Welcome! Great boss.