Gibson Brands Forums

What Comes With A NEW Epiphone Guitar.

Epi1

I bought an Epi LP from GC online last February. It came in the original shipping carton from China, never opened. All I got was the sticker; no wrench, poster, or cord. No big deal to me, really.

What did kinda' irk me was the guitar was damaged - hairline fracture on the neck near the nut, by the 6th string. I returned it to GC and asked for the one hanging on the guitar wall, which had just gone on sale.

They said OK and handed me the guitar and said, "see ya!". They expected me to walk out of the store holding just a guitar in my hands - no box, nothing! I told them to get me a box or I would take the box minus the guitar I just returned.

They found me a box. From now on it's Sweetwater for me.

Just got my Epiphone Les Paul 60's Tribute Plus earlier this week. Came with the poster, warranty book/owners manual, wrench, strap locks, and an Epiphone sticker.

but no ten foot cord. Get in touch with the place you got it from, tell them you need a cord. What good is an electric guitar if there is no cord to attach it to your amp [biggrin] It is supposed to be supplied with all Epiphone electric guitars, that is part of the entire "package" you are supposed to get. Tell them that. Send them an email with a link to this thread.

There seems to be a lot of inconsistancy with "what comes with a new Epiphone electric guitar". I do hope Epiphone will improve the quality of the entire "package", not just the instrument itself.

I got everything except for the 10 economy cords... well no problem my house is like a string factory anyway... the 2 sided poster is really cool I spent some time deciding which way i would fix it in my bedroom...

122110.jpg

I'll be receiving my second Epiphone in a couple of days (Sheraton II...first being a Wildkat only a few months ago...these damn things are addicting!). If it's like my first and comes with all the swag (sans cable), I'll be able to hang both posters up showing each side.

My Fender Stratocaster came with a cord, but my Fender Jazz Bass didn't. No cord with the Wildkat, either. But it's just as well since I prefer Live Wire. They also have a lifetime guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new (old stock?) 1961 SG Special 50th Anniversary for my birthday in June, and it came with NOTHING! (It was definitely not "used". Still had the plastic on the pickups and scratchplate and stickers on the headstock.)

I actually feel ripped off... The store manager obviously had no idea what he was talking about when I asked him about the premium gig bag etc that came with this model, because he offered me a hsc for $100 and said this model didn't come with a gig bag... I pointed out this: http://www.epiphone.com/News-Features/Features/2011/The-Epiphone-Limited-Edition-50th-Anniversary-1961.aspx By the way, that comment at the top is mine. I am really quite disappointed that Epiphone/Gibson allow this kind of thing to happen. I bet he sold the bag separately, or upgraded someone elses gig bag with the premium one...

He then came up with some BS about in the US they are sold with the bag, but not here in Australia, and mine was "just an SG, not the 1961 Special Limited Edition. Yet he couldn't explain the "Custom Shop/Limited Edition" stamp on the headstock! What a moron!

post-37775-081028300 1380412915_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got a poster, truss rod wrench, warranty/instruction manual, sticker, inspection card and the 10 foot economy cord with the Gold Riviera P93 I recently acquired.

No cord with the alpine white LP Jr. or blue SG. hmm...gonna let it slide this time.

I did get an advertisement "leaflet" for Rocksmith 2014 with the LP. Epiphone is the games official guitar. Now I'm wanting all the Rocksmith (for PC) stuff.

which has been ordered 12/04/2013 dig it [biggrin][thumbup]

I've bought guitars that came with everything and guitars that came with nothing. The SG Junior I bought came with exactly nothing, but it was the last TV-Yellow they had and it was a floor model. In that case I decided to pick my battles and this wasnt going to be one of them.

The PR4-E I bought only had the guitar, case and a warranty card. I made the salesman dig through the counter, case and drawers to cough up everything else that was supposed to come with the guitar. [thumbup]

I finally got my Sheraton II the other day.

Here's a peek at the swag that she came with...

d42s.jpg

I've got quite a few Fender bumper stickers, and now a growing collection of Epiphone ones.

Now I REALLY need a car to put them on!

No 10 foot economy cord [rolleyes]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wish I would have known about this. I got mine from a GC and got nothing. They took the guitar off the wall and I had to walk out and take it home like that, bare naked guitar. It seems obvious Gibson needs to talk to it's retailers, especially Guitar Center about what they expect from them. The guy there even sold me a cord since the guitar "didn't come with one".

Wish I would have known about this. I got mine from a GC and got nothing. They took the guitar off the wall and I had to walk out and take it home like that, bare naked guitar. It seems obvious Gibson needs to talk to it's retailers, especially Guitar Center about what they expect from them. The guy there even sold me a cord since the guitar "didn't come with one".

What guitar did you buy? Was it supposed to come with a case or a bag? I bought a SG Junior a couple years back as a gift for my daughter. I asked if they still had the box, as it was a floor model. They answer was no, but the salesman obliged by giving me an empty Fender Squier box.

I wouldn't feel too bad. As you've already read the stuff that comes with the Epiphones is not terribly useful. GC had to order my Dot so I got to unpack it right there in the store. It had all the paperwork but no cord. The only thing I considered useful was the box itself since I didn't have a case for it yet. I know how you feel about having to take a guitar out the door with no protection though. The shops really should have some kind of cheap wrap to throw on them if nothing else.

I'm not really worried about that stuff but it's irrelevant as it's obvious that the manufacturer intends for it to be sold with certain items. It seems in a lot of cases, especially with GC that they are just blatantly discarded or taken by employees.

I got a LP Standard Pro Quilt Top in trans blue and it's my first guitar.

I'm not really worried about that stuff but it's irrelevant as it's obvious that the manufacturer intends for it to be sold with certain items. It seems in a lot of cases, especially with GC that they are just blatantly discarded or taken by employees.

That is really the crux of the issue. Whether or not the items contained in the packaging are useful or not, and they may be to some people, the fact is that you paid for those items and should receive them. Thats the bottom line and I really wish Epiphone would address this issue with their retailers. Posting a thread to this forum about what it supposed to come with a new guitar isnt enough because nothing has changed.

Hey EPI1 I wish I knew that when I bought my Sheraton II. I bought it at Guitar Center and got none of the things you have described not even an owners manual. I bought it 6 months ago. Now I am in the Philippines and the pickup switch is not working and I know it is because of the cheap self adheasive hooks they have in the body to hold the wires in place. I love the guitar but for the price they should have installed the wires professionally instead of using crappy parts like that. They came un glued and customs pushed it back up and I know that rubbed the wire on that switch. Now I have sent it to a shop in Manila to get it fixed.. will I have to pay for that? Also I have enouch cords and I bought an epi hardcase but I would really love to get the John Lee Hooker poster for my baby. How do I do that? oh I bought an AJ220TS yesterday too i don't know what comes with it yet but it is a sweet guitar. Thank you so much for any help you can provide about that poster. God Bless.

BTW it was made Oct 2012 in Unsung Korea and it is a Sheraton II Ebony.

Scott [confused]

Store owners/managers/employees have been treating the "freebies" that come with new guitars as their "own personal little treasure chest" or "perks" for many years. Where do you think all those "extra" whammy bars, hex wrenches, crappy cords, soft cases, hard cases with the company name on them, etc.... come from? If they think they need to "throw something in" to sweeten the deal and make a sale they will, otherwise you get "oh no we throw all that stuff away because we don't have room to store it all" - I can't tell you how many times I've heard that one. I've called them on it a few times - even called them liars (not that it helped- usually at that point the thought of buying something is usually the last thing on my mind).

That is really the crux of the issue. Whether or not the items contained in the packaging are useful or not, and they may be to some people, the fact is that you paid for those items and should receive them. Thats the bottom line and I really wish Epiphone would address this issue with their retailers. Posting a thread to this forum about what it supposed to come with a new guitar isnt enough because nothing has changed.

Do Epiphone management have a presence on this board? One way they could deal with this problem would be to enable people to order the free stuff online after registering a new purchase. Obviously that wouldn't solve the problem of people not receiving gig bags or cases at the time of purchase...

Do Epiphone management have a presence on this board? One way they could deal with this problem would be to enable people to order the free stuff online after registering a new purchase. Obviously that wouldn't solve the problem of people not receiving gig bags or cases at the time of purchase...

Not really. You mostly see some customer service reps on here, but they arent very active, at least on the open forum. Sometimes Jim Rosenberg comes on here (EPI-1), but its not very often, as I'm sure he's a busy guy. Other than that, its mostly mods and admins, but the mods are just volunteers that arent employed by Epiphone, and the admins only deal with forum issues, not customer service issues.

The customer service reps cant really do all that much for problems like this, though. I think that the most they can do is pass along some info and tell you to contact Epiphone. AFAIK, Jim Rosenberg is the only one capable of addressing these types of issues.

I bought a new Special II November 2013 from GG, near Alderwood Mall, in Lynnwood, WA. Received none of the accessories described here. To date, gotten no response to my e-mail to GC. Will try again. Having so much fun playing guitar that am not concerned about lack of accessories. Agree with other posters on this forum who say is annoying that GC staff are forgetting, withholding, and/or keeping Epiphone/ Gibson accessories that rightly belong to purchasers. My 2 cents' worth. [thumbup]

*** Addendum 02-14-2014:

This morning, I returned to GC-Alderwood, along with my sales receipt and the printout of the accessories list that began this thread. Clerk studied the list and skimmed through several drawers around the register. Failing to locate the items, he walked out back to retrieve a new Special II. Clerk sliced open the box, took out the accessories that username Crust described in the posting above (dated 03 December 2013 - 10:20 PM).

It was resolved somewhat unsatisfactorily: The next person who buys a Special II will be deprived of the accessories that I actually received. WTF? To coin a phrase: It's a heck of a way to run an airline. [rolleyes]

• 2 weeks later...

The Guitar I bought yesterday makes my Epiphone product purchases a total of four , all have come with the bumper sticker , a poster , a warranty card and the owners booklet , no truss rod wrench . Every one of them were still in sealed boxes and came out of the stock room , not off the wall. I think , this is where stuff gets lost , once boxes are opened and items are then displayed out on the sales floor of the music store.