Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

Hello

John here from NSW Australia. I have a 1963 Everly Brothers Gibson in very good condition. I bought new - s/n 63741. I love it!

I have only just discovered that there were very few of these made, and glad to have found this forum. I would like to know more production details about it. Anyone else there got one of these?

It's partner is a 1962 Chet Atkins Gretsch Hollow Body.

IMG_1821.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there I am Jon Garon form My Favorite Guitars in Naples, FL. Some of you may know Sharon and me from our Martin or Taylor worlds, but we are a new Five Star Gibson Acoustics dealer and proud to be part of the Gibson family. I'm not sure if it's OK to post here as a dealer... but I hope it is! Thanks! :)

Mega congrats! Love hearing from dealers on their views. Will be nice to see you here.

Welcome to the Gibson Acoustic forum Stringalong and 667 - String, you've really sent a wave into the crowd with your mother's guitar - thanks for sharing the story and photos, will be interesting to follow - 667 - saw that you just brought home a Heritage - how does it sound? The double X bracing is not generally regarded as a must have feature - but every once in awhile we hear about one of those models being quite good - hope you found one of the good ones!

Thanks for the welcome Dan. I've had a few friends check it out, no complaints so far. There does seem to be concern from a few forum goers that the guitar may be a counterfeit. I contact Gibson to see if they could provide any additional info.

I do not profess much expertise in that area, but I do have to think that there would not be much motivation to build fake early 70s Gibsons.

Hi there,

I'm Willi Henkes, guitarmaker and repairman in Germany. I'm interested in vintage guitars, Gibsons, Martins, Larsons from the late '20s to 1945 and in recreating these.

Otherwise I like to research Gibson history and Gibson constructions especially from the '30s and '40s, J-35s, Banners, AJs, SJ-200s and others when I find some time off the bench. I'm running the J-35 and the Banner registry.

My sites:

www.antique-acoustics.com

www.bannergibsons.com/registry.html

www.j-35.com

willi

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Joe. I started with an '01 AJ reissue about 5 years ago. Great guitar... Actually it's one of the nicest flat tops I've ever played.

I just got my first vintage Gibson; a '51 CF-100e. I love it.

I also play a '03 Les Paul Special double cutaway. I love the sound of P90s through my Orange.

I'm trying to figure out how to amplify my CF-100e without feedback. Challenging.

Anyway, it's great to join this board. I'll try to contribute regularly.

post-60629-034512600 1384667490_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. Jerbo here. I am a performing songwriter from Florida. I play festivals, colleges and beer joints across the Southeast. Just back from doing a tribute show in Nashville for my old friend Gram Parsons . Got a new 59' Les Paul for me 14th birthday, wish I still had it ! Currently playing a 97' SJ 200 and a 65' J 50. All the best, Jerry Mincey

Hi all!

Im' Chuck and live in Baltimore,MD. I've been playing Gibsons on and off for many years. I currently have a 2005 J-60 Walnut that's my main acoustic that's a real cannon of a guitar. Loud as all get out! \:D/

I currently looking to maybe find a nice 30's Jumbo reissue to use for more traditional bluegrass/folk type tunes.

I've posted a few times but never to "introduce myself." I'm from sunny South Carolina. I'm still classified as a beginner, taking guitar lessons, guess you could say it's a bucket list project. Plan to retire in about 5 years and hope to be proficient enough to play in a small group at some point. Always said I would have Gibsons if and when I ever started taking music lessons and so when it came time to buy guitars, I did my research and got what I wanted. This seems like a great forum to get suggestions and I made a great contact here recently to purchase my Doves in Flight. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!

I am Gibson's collector from Thailand for more than 1year

We have Authorized dealer in Thailand and I asking him to find some collectable Gibson acoustic for me

I try to collected the limited one or the special models especially that was build up in special occasion

post-61896-079295900 1387381293_thumb.jpg

There are treasures in your posession. Congratulations. Keep them well. Take care of them - I am sure you will do care. Respect! I hope you will play on these guitars or you will give them from time to time to skilled guitar players to do that for you. Guitars are made to be played. Cheers!!!