Gibson Brands Forums

Your opinion is needed!

Epi_Insider

We are working on some new model designs... what do you think of this one?DAxdPpcXkAIbY0t.jpg

It looks like an old guitar made new. Three pickups, Bigsby. What pickups are in it? What are the selections with the pickup selector switch? Two volume, two tone? What colors does it come in? What's the pricepoint? What do the sides and back look like? Is it black? I love the white with the gold hardware.

Honestly, it's not the kind of guitar that I would normally be interested in but as with all guitars, I like to play them before deciding. If you want to send me one to review, I'd be happy to check it out and post a review. [biggrin]

If you're going to make it with the gold hardware, Bigsby, and custom block inlays....add some neck and headstock binding.

Regardless of hardware color, add the binding. Also, pls explain the switching/pickup options. Liking the Bigsby.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a mid 60s Crestwood Deluxe with the 'wrong' headstock and a varitone. Does nothing for me, particularly in white. I'm still waiting for the dog ear P90 Coronet that was rumoured to be in the pipeline as long ago as 2008. Given that the body and neck were identical to the '66 Wilshire reissue (a great guitar that I bought immediately) I'm surprised the Coronet never turned up. Epiphone released a picture of one but that was as far as it got.

Well, as "opinions" go, I'll say what I've always said, about Epiphone reissues, or "inspired by" versions. They need

to be fully "spec correct" to the Kalamazoo originals, in every detail. 2-hole truss rod covers, "Gibson" truss rod,

correct head-stock shapes and dimensions, etc., etc., etc.! As long as the quality is there, it really doesn't matter

"Where" they're produced. But, attention to correct spec details IS important, to a lot of folks! IMHO, as always! [biggrin]

CB

• Upvote 2

Asking for opinions without product details is not going to get anywhere. Are you banking on players buying odd kitschy gits because they look odd or kitschy?

Anyway...

Lose the tremolo, make it an option, too many players (like me) won't buy anything with a tremolo. Use dot markers because those are just horrible, do they glow in the dark? :-) Maybe just make the whole fret board white so they can see it from space. Gold hardware, yuk, gold isn't classy like it used to be, it looks (and is) cheap and rubs off.

Why white? To cover plywood? MDX? How about natural so we can see what's under it all, or is it plywood? A set neck? Bolted on? What do all those doodads on top do? Tune in NPR, Presidential or Amber alerts?

Just funnin' here, but I hope you see my point... that is if you ask for opinions, have some meat with the potatoes, that is unless you want to sell 250 units to players who only buy kitschy looking gits.

There is something odd in the body/headstock combo: this model is not for me, thanks.

Please Epiphone, please: make a reissue of the Coronet as announced a few years ago, red, one P90, batwing headstock.

PLEASE!!!

• Upvote 1

Since I don't care for gold hardware or a whammy bar of any kind, it's not something I would buy. If there was a model that was non-trem without gold hardware, I'd give it a serious look. Additional information in reference to the specs would be nice too.

• 3 weeks later...

Not interested in that thing at all.

But do another Sorrento reissue without the "plate" headstock logo, and I'll be right there.

Based on a '64 would be nice, and make it (as CB says) with period correct features - such as proper body & F-hole dimensions, two-hole TRC, and of course Gibson mini-humbuckers!

been waiting for someone at epiphone to realize how great this would be

'Inspired By' guitars are usually very good, and I have a feeling there is alot of wrangling in the Legal dept. when it comes to a certain star of a Family ensemble that is no longer functional in its original form and everyone has a lawyer on speed dial, or even tougher I suppose, someone whom is deceased-yet still dearly loved by fans who remember his magical playing style, such as The Beach Boys guitarist Carl Wilson.

A Riviera 12 string re-issue done proper and built at a cost the avg. Joe can afford is all that I really want.

Fun fun fun

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't like any kind of whammy bar including Bigsby's.

Other than that, I agree with some others that the neck and headstock should be bound.

What I most want to know is the switching options. It is in that area that I might consider such a guitar.