Gibson Brands Forums

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

ksdaddy

Hello Everyone,

I just joined a couple days ago. I'm new to Gibson ownership as I bought my J-15 a couple weeks ago. I started playing around 12 and will turn 60 this year. I've always wanted a high end guitar and Gibson was the brand that had the sound I loved. Things came together for me a little while back and figured it was now or never. I play mostly singer/songwriter music when I'm not playing in my church. My favorites include Jim Croce, Dan Fogelberg, and Jimmy Buffet. My next musical journey will be to actually sit down and write my own songs. I've had more false starts over the years than I can count but maybe my new J-15 will get me over the hump.

Anyway, here's my new Gibson and the reason I'm here:

J15_zpsvsjuriee.jpg

Best,

Photojeep

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm Chris in Winston-Salem, NC but recently moved here from St. Louis MO.

I've been playing guitar since 1993ish and have had many guitars but just got a new J35 today which is my first Gibson. Such an incredible instrument!

Thanks for having me!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a little active on this forum for a year or more but always felt a little odd because I didn't have a Gibson. That's no longer the case. I bought a new old stock J-35 and am tickled with it. I hope to be more active in the future around here since I will no longer feel like I'm a cheater. My other guitars are Martins and Larrivees but right now I'm a Gibson fan!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - a new member. I've just picked up a 64 country western - i absolutely love it, can't stop playing it!

Completely cühl, , , share us a thread below and show some pics. Sounds as well.

Look forward to find out what you got - which saddle concept etc.

Welcome

Hi everybody,

Frst post. Owner of a Hummingbird TV. A great guitar, by far my favourite The others are a Lakewood D1 and a Santa Cruz 0028.

I've been reading a lot here lately and have a few questions so I joined the party.

Renaat

• Upvote 1

Hi everybody,

Frst post. Owner of a Hummingbird TV. A great guitar, by far my favourite The others are a Lakewood D1 and a Santa Cruz 0028.

I've been reading a lot here lately and have a few questions so I joined the party.

Renaat

Re-hi - let's hear them Q's, , , and see some pics.

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone, I'm C.C. from Ohio! I'm a member of the AGF as well with the same user name, however I'm in Love with my J-45 and this looks like the place to gush about it!

post-75130-060068000 1497659019_thumb.jpg

Welcome to you & your J-45! Let the gushing begin;that's (part of) what we do around here👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rick Benjamin form North Olmsted Ohio here. Just picked up a lovely little LG2AE used for a really fine price. Been a Martin player for many years, but wanted a smaller body guitar with a robust tone, and boy did I find it. Great to be here and looking forward to many years with this wonderful little guitar.

Rick

New Member,

Owner of what I guess you'd describe it as an antique Gibson acoustic. I've had it at two different guitar centers and been told it was made in 1949 and 1969 so I don't have a clue what I have except it is one great warm sounding guitar. I picked it up from my sister who said she had an old guitar she didn't know what to do with it. I told her thanks sis and walked away with it not knowing what I had either. I'm a beginner and been trying to teach myself with various instruction videos. It's going slow but I'm determined to make it work.

I also have a Epiphone Masterbuilt acoustic with an amp that I'd like to learn how to play as well. Great forum here, I was up till 2am reading posts. Couldn't put it down till I got the LOOK from the wife. Figured I could come back tonight and start where I left off.

I have tried to attach pictures to catch some hints from the experts but each time I do it says the file is to big. I'll have my daughter look at it to see if she has better luck. Wish me luck.

Forgot to mention I'm from Northern Virginia, Retired Air Force after 23 years 15 years ago and just trying to start a new hobby.

Inside on the back it has a number 048 if that helps. I did som research and it look very much like the 1948 L8 in the link below.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=U7feLHEq&id=CD82E1BA9EFB1D4FC334E3990F2E221AC5B6F5D2&thid=OIP.U7feLHEq94eRnWbpt7yFQQDpEs&q=1948+gibson+acoustic+guitar+images&simid=608040853867661303&selectedIndex=0

Hello from Connecticut!

I recently made the jump from electric (Fender Strat) to acoustic and absolutely love it. I couldn't stop at the J-45 given how incredible it was, and now have a Hummingbird as well. These Gibson acoustics are works of art that I'll have for the long haul and I love playing them and continuing to learn/progress.

This forum looks great as well and I hope to be in position to be helpful over time.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...