Gibson Brands Forums

3 Strikes Your Out, PRS Blows You Away Gibson

Bluesy69

Guest Farnsbarns

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, in fact right now I am currently both pissed and saddened to find out that PRS has done chambering and weight relieving to their guitars.

I currently have a call into PRS right now and I'm waiting for them to get back to me, and when they do I will be asking if the PRS 594 is weight relieved, if he tells me it is then my PRS will returned tonight.

I want a SOLID BODY guitar....DAMN IT....well I won't freak out just yet until I talk to the PRS rep, but I will tell you guy's what he says.

What I do know is the guitar does feel very light for the amount of thickness it has, I'm hoping that's just the body carve and not weight relief, but I'll get to the bottom of it soon.

No doubt it will sound different once you find out.

You so funny. I hope it is weight relieved, I really do.

No doubt it will sound different once you find out.

You so funny. I hope it is weight relieved, I really do.

Why do you have to be so hateful man ? I didn't do anything to you, I prefer a solid body guitar, and that's what I thought I was buying, at least now Gibson tells you on their website if a model is weight relieved or not.

I would hope PRS would do the same thing, but if not, then I was seriously mislead....and you find that funny....real nice, thanks a lot.

Oh man.. I somehow missed this and what can I say

5SedVq9.jpg

The same troll back again.. and yet again just pages of nonsense from him.. Pathetic...

So you had no idea about the PRS weight relief and now you know you want to return it even though you loved it... You sir are an idiot...

And I don't normally say such things on here... But you take the biscuit, cake and all the pies.... just ridiculous...

• Upvote 2

Guest Farnsbarns

Why do you have to be so hateful man ? I didn't do anything to you, I prefer a solid body guitar, and that's what I thought I was buying, at least now Gibson tells you on their website if a model is weight relieved or not.

I would hope PRS would do the same thing, but if not, then I was seriously mislead....and you find that funny....real nice, thanks a lot.

Please let it be weight relieved.

• Upvote 1

So, let me get this straight. You have a guitar you love and you're praising it in at least two forums, its quality and sound and EVERYTHING about the guitar is awesome and blows away Gibsons and Les Pauls in particular. But, if it's weight relieved, you hate it and it's going back? If you couldn't tell before, does it really matter? Maybe to you it matters but can you really tell the difference? I don't recall anything about the 594 being weight relieved, FYI, but what if it is? Just play it and love it for years and don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff. [biggrin]

You don't understand, I want a solid body guitar, ever since I was a kid and heard the Allman brothers and Duane Allman and Dickey Betts playing their SOLID 59 Les Paul's, that's the guitar I fell in love with and wanted for over 30 years, and when I wasn't happy with the traditional Les Paul,

I thought I finally found what I was looking for with the PRS and now I find out that might be weight relieved as well ?

Weight relief is not a solid body guitar...........But fortunately for me Sean from PRS customer service just called me back and told me the 594 is a SOLID body guitar, and he actually laughed when I mentioned that some guy's in the forums suggested it may be weight relieved.

However he said "if it was weight relieved we would have to disclose that on our website,, so not to worry you got yourself a SOLID body guitar there"......AHHHHH what a relief.

Guest Farnsbarns

You don't understand, I want a solid body guitar, ever since I was a kid and heard the Allman brothers and Duane Allman and Dickey Betts playing their SOLID 59 Les Paul's, that's the guitar I fell in love with and wanted for over 30 years, and when I wasn't happy with the traditional Les Paul I thought I finally found what I was looking for with the PRS and now I find out that might be weight relieved as well ?

Weight relief is not a solid body guitar...........But fortunately for me Sean from PRS customer service just called me back and told me the 594 is a SOLID body guitar, and he actually laughed when I mentioned that some guy's in the forums suggested it may be weight relieved.

However he said "if it was weight relieved we would have to disclose that on our website,, so not to worry you got yourself a SOLID body guitar there"......AHHHHH what a relief.

I got lost in the joy of this so I phoned PRS and they told me categorically that the 594 is weight relieved.

What difference does it make? I've never bought a guitar because it's solid or not, I buy a guitar because of how it plays/sounds/looks.

It strike me that Gibson knocking is an internet pastime, you ought to read the guy's on AGF!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Gibson guitars, I have 5 and I wouldn't swap them for anything else. They are all great (one has a slight flaw, a 2011 Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute, it has a flat spot on the top where someone has got a bit enthusiastic sanding, I saw it when I bought it but it sounds and plays great).

If you don't like them then don't buy them, it's as simple as that. I've found all the PRS's that I've played to be soulless, so I've never bought one, it's that simple. Your money, your choice, what ever light your candle.

Ian

It's not that often we get such an easy opportunity for Troll-Baiting, Charlie!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Ya know what, I've come in here multiple times over the years excited about one guitar over another, and it wasn't always Gibson, and sometimes it was, but that's irrelevant, we are all guitar players, and I could care less if someone who preferred Fender or Rickenbacker or what ever came in here and sang that particular guitars praises and bashed Gibson.

That's their personal opinion, all guitars are capable of moving a particular person in one way or another, as long as their jammin' and making music and lovin' it...who cares what their current preference is.

I currently am lovin' my PRS 594, some day I might find a Strat or Ric, or even a Les Paul that appeals to me and feels and sounds good, point is everyone who is a guitar player should be welcome here not just Gibson lovers.

You guy's hate on people too often and too easily, no wonder there's so much violence and bad crap going on in the world, kids today just want to criticize and hate.

Whatever man, I admit I almost got sucked up into the hate and anger, but I'm stopping myself.

You guy's go on and say what you want, I'm out of it......Later.

Ya know what, I've come in here multiple times over the years excited about one guitar over another, and it wasn't always Gibson, and sometimes it was, but that's irrelevant, we are all guitar players, and I could care less if someone who preferred Fender or Rickenbacker or what ever came in here and sang that particular guitars praises and bashed Gibson.

That's their personal opinion, all guitars are capable of moving a particular person in one way or another, as long as their jammin' and making music and lovin' it...who cares what their current preference is.

I currently am lovin' my PRS 594, some day I might find a Strat or Ric, or even a Les Paul that appeals to me and feels and sounds good, point is everyone who is a guitar player should be welcome here not just Gibson lovers.

You guy's hate on people too often and too easily, no wonder there's so much violence and bad crap going on in the world, kids today just want to criticize and hate.

Whatever man, I admit I almost got sucked up into the hate and anger, but I'm stopping myself.

You guy's go on and say what you want, I'm out of it......Later.

Not to continue with the necro equine battery but you (Bluesy) kind of started this thread and beating up on people and now resorted to real life threats? Not good, man. As John Mellencamp once sang, "Forget about all that macho **** and learn how to play guitar. Play guitar."

That's what it's really all about, right?

So, let me get this straight. You have a guitar you love and you're praising it in at least two forums, its quality and sound and EVERYTHING about the guitar is awesome and blows away Gibsons and Les Pauls in particular. But, if it's weight relieved, you hate it and it's going back? If you couldn't tell before, does it really matter? Maybe to you it matters but can you really tell the difference? I don't recall anything about the 594 being weight relieved, FYI, but what if it is? Just play it and love it for years and don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff. [biggrin]

If it's weight relieved, I'd like to know why they're asking so much for it. I'd be upset if I bought even the least expensive model & found out Gibson charges about half for a similar product.

Pretty much the way I feel about the Dean Hardtail. I love them, but what they were going for new... with a two piece body & two piece neck, I'll wait until the used market shows their true value.

Guest Farnsbarns

I've just found out, it's not weight relieved. They lied to me. Shame, I was going to buy one but they're too heavy.

• Upvote 1

When I was a young man and could tote a 10 pound Les Paul all night(still can), we moaned about how heavy they were and we wished for lighter pieces of mahogany.

Now I'm an old man and we are wishing for the solid, heavy bricks we used to not have to even ask for.

Your world is a strange and frightening place.

rct

I've just found out, it's not weight relieved. They lied to me. Shame, I was going to buy one but they're too heavy.

Are you relieved that it's not weight relieved or not relieved that it's not weight relieved? [scared]

I read an article where the guy was saying that it wasn't weight relieved but it was light and that was due to them using lighter mahogany and a thinner maple cap. So, it kind of IS weight relieved, just not chambered. So, with less mass and less density, does it have the same sound, sustain and tone? The world may never know.

When I was a young man and could tote a 10 pound Les Paul all night(still can), we moaned about how heavy they were and we wished for lighter pieces of mahogany.

Now I'm an old man and we are wishing for the solid, heavy bricks we used to not have to even ask for.

Your world is a strange and frightening place.

rct

my 95 standard is a 10 pounder, and that's before I added the Beegsby... it's a beast...

1500479140[/url]' post='1869526']

Hey Guy's You listen to this story, because I think I was more than fair and patient with Gibson and their Les Paul's.

Etc. etc.

Well that's my story, and for those of you who may work for Gibson that might read this, you are not the company you used to be in the 70's and 80's, nor do you put out the flawless craftsmanship you were once so famous for, and it's a shame, but I'm sure you could care less about one man's loss of business, but you have lost it for the remainder of my life, from now on I am a PRS fan only.....I was more than fair with your product but your quality control is lacking, even if that was how the binding was supposed to look it looked like a cosmetic defect, and aside from that the top maple had flaws and blemishes that you would have never let leave the factory 30 years ago.

Farewell Gibson.

Born in 1969? You were a very advanced little boy.

...I've come in here multiple times over the years excited about one guitar over another, and it wasn't always Gibson...

msp_laugh.gif

That's the understatement of the thread!

msp_laugh.gif

Let's remind ourselves of - and introduce newer members to - one of your previous (12 page) efforts to denigrate and insult 99% of Gibson Les Paul owners in the Gibson Les Paul forum;

http://forum.gibson....-not-les-pauls/

FWIW I think the mods have dealt with this thread with consummate skill.

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.