Gibson Brands Forums

I love my J45 Studio

Mr.Gibs

Title says it all. I’m excited for the future of this company again. I love the sound, size, playability, and the looks of this guitar. I’ve had other great, and not so great (Norlin era double braced acoustic) Gibson’s over the last few years, and I do believe this is by far my favorite. Thanks Gibson!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Isnt it essentially a J-15 ? Just the neck material seems to be mahogany vs maple. Ive always loved the J-15 (unike the J-35) so Im not surprised you love it.

The body is a little slimmer than a J-15 and I believe the neck profile is different. I love my J-45 Studio, too!

Nice to hear it 'works' for you.

Finding the right Gibson is a huuuuge thing - be glad.

Welcome inside. You'll have great fun here if wanted, , , learning while laughing, sometimes just learning others clean laughing out loud. .

Btw. we have a MR GIBS already - well, none of my business, but now you know.

Title says it all. I’m excited for the future of this company again. I love the sound, size, playability, and the looks of this guitar. I’ve had other great, and not so great (Norlin era double braced acoustic) Gibson’s over the last few years, and I do believe this is by far my favorite. Thanks Gibson!

Yes, as someone pointed out, there is already a member by your username here. I guess it's spelled slightly different, but you might consider getting something else. I'm sure you didn't even know, as the software did not kick it out due to a maybe a one character difference.

Title says it all. I'm excited for the future of this company again. I love the sound, size, playability, and the looks of this guitar. I've had other great, and not so great (Norlin era double braced acoustic) Gibson's over the last few years, and I do believe this is by far my favorite. Thanks Gibson!

Congrats! a week ago i got the chance to play one and i liked it a lot, in fact i liked the studio better over a 2018 J-45 go figure!

enjoy!

• 2 years later...

I purchased a j45 studio walnut version 5/21.  I’m still trying to get the action down to my liking. I lowered the nut slots , and it plays well at the first position but not up the neck. String height at 12 feet on 6 th string is 10/64”. 
I pulled the peizo pickup strip from the bottom of the saddle slot, and the 6th string is still 8/64” above the 12th fret and the break angle is extremely low. y fault for not giving the guitar a good going over while it was still returnable to musicians friend. 
I just submitted a message to Gibson support. It looks like the action can’t be lowered without shaving the bridge. Totally unacceptable on a new $1,600 guitar. 

2 hours ago, Palmerosa said:

I purchased a j45 studio walnut version 5/21.  I’m still trying to get the action down to my liking. I lowered the nut slots , and it plays well at the first position but not up the neck. String height at 12 feet on 6 th string is 10/64”. 
I pulled the peizo pickup strip from the bottom of the saddle slot, and the 6th string is still 8/64” above the 12th fret and the break angle is extremely low. y fault for not giving the guitar a good going over while it was still returnable to musicians friend. 
I just submitted a message to Gibson support. It looks like the action can’t be lowered without shaving the bridge. Totally unacceptable on a new $1,600 guitar. 

Are you sure didn’t get a Martin. I hear those need neck resets 5 mins after you get one home. 

All kidding aside that is a bummer.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Palmerosa said:

Sorry you have to go through all of this. Is this something that CS is covering for you or have offered to take care of? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 1:40 PM, Palmerosa said:

That's a huge bummer. Since you're past your return period, have you thought about taking it to a trusted guitar tech? Even if you are very proficient at setting up guitars, sometimes a fresh set of eyes can save the day. 

• Like 1

Palmerosa,

I bought a Gibson J45-TV a few years back. It was almost unplayable. the truss rod was messed with too much... saddles shaved down... 

It took the guys at Brother Music to see that what was actually needed was to straighten the neck, and put in a taller saddle and cuts a new nut. They tweaked it all. But the bottom line is get the neck fairly close to flat FIRST.  Then mess with the saddle. Then the nut slots.

Best setup guitar I ever had....

• Like 1