Gibson Brands Forums

"Buying A Guitar Extends Life"

BluesKing777

Note it says :"purchasing a new hand built guitar".....

Is that 'no machines'? 'some machines?' 'hand built on a machine?' 'strings put on by hand after the robot did the rest?'

No, it says'new hand built'....

Doesn't say whether it has to be any good.

BluesKing777.

Note it says :"purchasing a new hand built guitar".....

Is that 'no machines'? 'some machines?' 'hand built on a machine?' 'strings put on by hand after the robot did the rest?'

No, it says'new hand built'....

Doesn't say whether it has to be any good.

BluesKing777.

Actually it's the builder that gets the extended life benefitsmsp_thumbup.gif

Of course, the odds of an extended life from buying a hand built acoustic guitar can be drastically shortened if you play at various festivals.....

My band in a van had to get through a massive cordon of police near the festival gates, that were checking everything and everyone and then a cordon of dudes with shotguns on the other side of the gate....we played the first songs way...too fast, but this chap slept on....!

TnzqMa3h.jpg

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

Of course, the odds of an extended life from buying a hand built acoustic guitar can be drastically shortened if you play at various festivals.....

My band in a van had to get through a massive cordon of police near the festival gates, that were checking everything and everyone and then a cordon of dudes with shotguns on the other side of the gate....we played the first songs way...too fast, but this chap slept on....!

TnzqMa3h.jpg

BluesKing777.

Man, it looks like the party was over by the time you got onstage.

Looks like everyone remaining still had their coolers full of beer, however.

Nice-looking group of lads.

Man, it looks like the party was over by the time you got onstage.

Looks like everyone remaining still had their coolers full of beer, however.

Nice-looking group of lads.

That one is a late Sunday afternoon slot after it started during the early part of the week....

As a glutton for punishment, I played there 3 times in 3 different bands, musical whore I was. :mellow: First time, played at dusk on the Saturday and the place was jumping; next time had endless delays and we played at about 2am Sunday morning with things getting a bit ordinary. I think we got booked after playing at a pub on the band circuit.

There's me 2nd from left on stage on the Sunday afternoon - nobody had a camera in the earlier gigs...:

U5lMFdeh.jpg

BluesKing777.

There's me 2nd from left on stage on the Sunday afternoon - nobody had a camera in the earlier gigs...:

U5lMFdeh.jpg

BluesKing777.

Hell's Angels Melbourne chapter sponsored that? You were pretty brave just to show up! What could possibly go wrong?

Altamont Free Festival revisited.

Hell's Angels Melbourne chapter sponsored that? You were pretty brave just to show up! What could possibly go wrong?

Altamont Free Festival revisited.

Nervous does not describe it!

That was 3 different years I mentioned, spread out, not all in one weekend. And we played 6 or 7 different headquarters/fortress/clubroom gigs.... Oh what a quiet life I live working on this computer! A bit of a strum at lunch! [unsure]

(I didn't think they liked us or our blues music much, but we kept getting booked. We had a fancy inner city cocktail type bar residency on Saturday nights with the band in the photo above and some of the guys came in to see us. The bar owner collapsed in fright!)

BluesKing777.

Nervous does not describe it!

That was 3 different years I mentioned, spread out, not all in one weekend. And we played 6 or 7 different headquarters/fortress/clubroom gigs.... Oh what a quiet life I live working on this computer! A bit of a strum at lunch! [unsure]

(I didn't think they liked us or our blues music much, but we kept getting booked. We had a fancy inner city cocktail type bar residency on Saturday nights with the band in the photo above and some of the guys came in to see us. The bar owner collapsed in fright!)

BluesKing777.

Talking with my wife, besides the BK frontliners, any other big name bands at those Hells Angels shows?

Talking with my wife, besides the BK frontliners, any other big name bands at those Hells Angels shows?

Good question, Billroy. Don’t know....

I tried some research on Google but had confused and mixed results. Anyway, the concerts went 3 or 4 days non stop day and night on a huge property the Angels owned. They had various headliners on the prime night spots and lots of filler (us!) to keep it coming out non stop. But Canned Heat played a few years early on and all the big local acts - the concerts ran from about ‘73 to ‘93 when the do-gooders git it canned (Ha!) for too much ..heat? Ha. ‘A hotbed of criminal activity’, they called it.

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777