Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

cheers for sharing that with me, those are lovely and such sad words, I also wanted to ask if that was a seymore duncan pick up - like a woody maybe?

I can feel your excitement of getting your guitar made. There is nothing quite like having a one of a kind instrument made by a person!

Matt

The pickup on the soundhole of my M-R GIBS is an L.R.Baggs M1.

The sound of this SJ 200 Custom Elite is just stunning...

And in my other hihg end metal-string guitar (I call "The GALE") the pickup is L.R.Bags i-beam.

I love L.R.Bags! For me L.R.Bags is a very authentc acoustic sound.

By the way - I play this song "I come and stand at every door" with a capo on the second position but without clamping the string 6. So it is in a (let's say) "open E".

By the way - this is the best sound that I can extract from my M-R GIBs - with a pick and with a capo on the second fret in "Open E".

• Upvote 1

Anne, I'm envious of your songwriting talent!

I also wish I had the time to go to an "open mic" forum every once in a while.

Thanks for posting those!

Here's a stupid thing I did yesterday. I'm not sure why the video and audio don't match up. They are on my computer, but when I transfer them to photobucket they become detached.

Danged technology...which is why I normally just play an acoustic!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f6mzIuP44A

• Upvote 1

Anne, I'm envious of your songwriting talent!

I also wish I had the time to go to an "open mic" forum every once in a while.

Thanks for posting those!

Here's a stupid thing I did yesterday. I'm not sure why the video and audio don't match up. They are on my computer, but when I transfer them to photobucket they become detached.

Danged technology...which is why I normally just play an acoustic!)

http://s889.photobucket.com/albums/ac94/DanvillRob/Videos/?action=view¤t=ZOOM0001-1.mp4

Why, thank you kindly. [blush] The songwriting thing has quite literally come upon me in the last year or so, and it's a wild and wonderful thing.

The open mic experience is, imho, not to be missed. You have to be willing 'not to care' (in a good way) what comes out of your mouth that day and to ride with the flow. Truly, anything can happen--there are horrible flops and moments of pure magic, and both can happen to anyone, anytime. And since everyone else is taking the same kind of risk, players and patrons alike become incredibly supportive, which creates an environment that feeds everybody equally, no matter the musical chops. (Of course, alot depends on the venue and the proprietor, too.)

Your link didn't work! I wonder if you'd have better luck with photobucket if you saved/converted your file to an mp3 before uploading...?

• Upvote 1

Your link didn't work! I wonder if you'd have better luck with photobucket if you saved/converted your file to an mp3 before uploading...?

Anne, I changed the link, but I'll have to investigate converting from MP4 to MP3. As I said, I got the recorder for Christmas, and I'm still playin' with it.

One thing for sure, I'm never embarrassed to play....anywhere anytime, and if I was worried about "being good", I'd only play in the confines of my own home!

If/when I get something I feel worthy of posting on YouTube, I will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqrxk70BWKs

It's a few years old but this is a link to my old all acoustic jazz band.

Two acoustic guitars (I play all the lead work)

One bass (so not really acoustic... he was supposed to buy a stand up bass but that never happened)

One sax

For those who like a little classical flavor mixed with jazz listen to the second song "Suite in D"

http://www.myspace.com/elginjazzgroup

• Upvote 1

This is me at Oxford University in the Summer playing a piece by the composer Villa - Lobos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPUPfYSihHo

Matt

Beautiful, Matt - my favourite classical guitar composer, and the only one remaining in my tiny repertoire (can still just about get through Preludes 3 and 4 and Étude 1 on a good day with the wind behind me, but I never finished learning the first prelude). Also had to do a double-take on the venue which I know well from a past life, as I didn't recognize the altarpiece, but did recognize just about everything else. Checked on your website, and see that you are due to return to Hertford College - this was filmed in the Chapel there, wasn't it?

This is me at Oxford University in the Summer playing a piece by the composer Villa - Lobos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPUPfYSihHo

Matt

Matt,

That was very good but let me make a couple of suggestions.

1. I can hear your fingers moving over the strings... could you put some flat wounds on there?

2. I see you forgot your pick. Perhaps you should always keep one in your pocket. I use the "watch pocket" on my jeans to keep my picks.

Oh and one more thing... If you wore some heels like the band Kiss then you wouldn't need that foot stool. I guess you could just saw the legs off the chair a few inches too huh?

[lol]

Mojorule, cheers

Drodge, I just listened to suite in D and it is truly beautiful!!! That tone is such a flamenco type sound and so emotional - thanks for introducing me. Your solo playing is so fluent and mixes so many styles. Have you heard Antonio Forcione? It reminded me of Antonio Forcione meets Paco Pena meets Joe Pass. Awesomemsp_thumbup.gif

and completely agree Anne's song writing rocks!

Matt,

That was very good but let me make a couple of suggestions.

1. I can hear your fingers moving over the strings... could you put some flat wounds on there?

2. I see you forgot your pick. Perhaps you should always keep one in your pocket. I use the "watch pocket" on my jeans to keep my picks.

Oh and one more thing... If you wore some heels like the band Kiss then you wouldn't need that foot stool. I guess you could just saw the legs off the chair a few inches too huh?

[lol]

Oh man...you made me blow coffee out my nose this morning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwXg589Ppxs

Oh man...you made me blow coffee out my nose this morning!

Glad I could help in that... I think.

Just having some fun. Matt is truly and excellent player with a very nice touch. One day my wife and I will make it back to England and it would be fun to hang out with him and his wife, play guitar, and eat pizza.

Glad I could help in that... I think.

Just having some fun. Matt is truly and excellent player with a very nice touch. One day my wife and I will make it back to England and it would be fun to hang out with him and his wife, play guitar, and eat pizza.

I don't mind the coffee out the nose...it's just that it stained my tie!

Matt IS an excellent player... I only wish I could do that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVGwhs0LX8A

I don't mind the coffee out the nose...it's just that it stained my tie!

Matt IS an excellent player... I only wish I could do that!

Matt is a real musician, a real guitarist. eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

We (me) are (am) just strummers [cool]

Here is a song in romanian language and below the link - a translation of the lyrics in french.

Traduction en francais: Sonia Badulici:

C'était un chemin à la lisière de la forêt

Pareil avec celui décrit dans les contes

Et nous étions des enfants tous les deux

Aujourd'hui je ne sais plus où es tu.

Et le chemin descendait dans la ville

Auprès de voûtes avec des roses...

Et nous étions silencieux tous les deux

Nous nous sommes baisé, nous étions suivis

Par des étranges frémissements humains

Et nous étions seulement nous deux

Yes, but some of us (you) can actually sing!

You can sing well too, my friend and I liked much your performance.

The mismatch of the video and the audio of what you published is boring, but I still can hear this wonderful "Doves in flight" sound!!!

Cheers, mate!

You can sing well too, my friend and I liked much your performance.

The mismatch of the video and the audio of what you published is boring, but I still can hear this wonderful "Doves in flight" sound!!!

Cheers, mate!

Yeah...I'm working on that.... just got the recorder, and it's perfectly synced on my computer, but not on Photobucket.

I don't feel comfortable enough yet to post on YouTube.

The DIF is sweet.... I've really come to enjoy playin' it....but I only wear sweatshirt clothes when playing...don't want to scratch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Ib1jK5qW4

wouldn't have posted this but jumped at the chance to be the first one on this thread!

I was tryin' to figure out the recorder Santa brought me!

My link

Dear danvillrob - You have yourself a smooth laidback swing there, good to hear that and impressing guitar too. When you and I first met, I kept givin' you headache with my chatting away 'bout the roaring 60's, remember. Well we managed and found truce, didn't we. After all I'm just a huge lover of the periode.

Now the other day while making a brief jump to the Lounge, I came across some post from your hand and could hardly believe what I saw. Please answer me, is this a mirage or something taken out of real life memory ?? If this list turns out to be the real thing, could I ask you to boil up a story or three from Buffalo S., Byrds and not least the mighty Love. I met Mister Lee in 05 and we exchanged a few words, but to hear some lines from back then, would be nothing less than terrific.

Performed with:

TheTurtles

The Vejtables

The Mojo Men

Paul Revere & TheRaiders

The Leaves

Love

TheByrds

The Animals

The Who

The Yardbirds

THEM

JaniceJoplin

Buffalo Springfield

Chuck Berry

Manymore I can't recall, (damn 60's)

In case it should be needed, I throw in a couple of tabs. headache.jpg

Dear danvillrob - You have yourself a smooth laidback swing there, good to hear that and impressing guitar too. When you and I first met, I kept givin' you headache with my chatting away 'bout the roaring 60's, remember. Well we managed and found truce, didn't we. After all I'm just a huge lover of the periode.

Now the other day while making a brief jump to the Lounge, I came across some post from your hand and could hardly believe what I saw. Please answer me, is this a mirage or something taken out of real life memory ?? If this list turns out to be the real thing, could I ask you to boil up a story or three from Buffalo S., Byrds and not least the mighty Love. I met Mister Lee in 05 and we exchanged a few words, but to hear some lines from back then, would be nothing less than terrific.

Performed with:

TheTurtles

The Vejtables

The Mojo Men

Paul Revere & TheRaiders

The Leaves

Love

TheByrds

The Animals

The Who

The Yardbirds

THEM

JaniceJoplin

Buffalo Springfield

Chuck Berry

Manymore I can't recall, (damn 60's)

In case it should be needed, I throw in a couple of tabs. headache.jpg

The list is definately real. There are many more "big names" I've worked with, but I just can't think of them off the top of my head, (I forgot Chuck Berry until he was mistakenly thought to have died).

I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest today, so I'll post some stories when I get a chance, but here's something you can read if you like:

Interview with our manager:

My link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IkABy3L1WM

The list is definately real.

Interview with our manager:

My link

How thrilling to get insight to your version of the wild wave back then.You guys definitely stood in zenith. The 'so close to Candlestick Park' incident must have been almost impossible to bear, , , uuaaakk ! Still the adventure raged on and the drama connected to the hair vs. school tells it all. That hair thing - nothing less than a banner, a weapon meant to gain and defend freedom - was just as important as the music. Though just a 7-8-9 year old kid, I remember fighting for every half inch down the forehead myself, and how it became necessary to wear some mad hat all New Years Eve after one X-mas when the scissors ended up winning the battle. Can't believe young people of today realize how serious this appeared to be - to be frank it was the state before life and death. So of course was the outfit and electrified beat.

Look forward to a little back-stage anecdote or 2.

Anne, I changed the link, but I'll have to investigate converting from MP4 to MP3. As I said, I got the recorder for Christmas, and I'm still playin' with it.

If/when I get something I feel worthy of posting on YouTube, I will.

The link worked..yay! I enjoyed this alot.

As for being "worthy" of posting on YouTube...First, even if there were YouTube standards out there, you'd have nothing to worry about. Second, a person can create an "unlisted" link, where you can share the link, as can people you share it with, but the vid isn't otherwise public. I kinda like that option, myself.

But I like your photobucket site, too, and will check it out from time to time...so keep 'em coming. [thumbup]