Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

What a pleasent surprise ! I was literally listening to Aaron's EP this morning before going to work, my favourite piece of music right now.

Very well played, the SWD sounds great, really good clarity and warmth, lovelly. What strings are you using btw if I make ask, and how old were they ?

Ive been trying to have a go at country boy but came to the conclusion i just dont have the vocal depth to give AL justice. Put it in the cupboard for now, maybe a bit later.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed it very much !

Thanks so much EA! The strings are Elixir PB Nanos 12's. The strings were about midlife at that point. I'd say about a month to two months old.

Here is my first recording with my new SJ-200. It is a bit rough as I did the recording rather quickly between shifts at work.

Doug

Doug,

That's a sweet-sounding guitar, and a great song. Is that the straight acoustic sound, just run through a board, or what?

Doug,

That's a sweet-sounding guitar, and a great song. Is that the straight acoustic sound, just run through a board, or what?

Thanks nick. [biggrin]

I recorded simultaneously with my iPhone and Sonar X1 through my Apex medium condenser microphone. In Sonar I added a slight bit of compression and a tiny bit of reverb. No EQ.

Of course when I edited the video/audio, I dumped the iPhone's audio track.

Here is my first recording with my new SJ-200. It is a bit rough as I did the recording rather quickly between shifts at work.

Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQnBavpgydk&feature=player_profilepage

Hey Doug! I like that alot. Fogelberg wrote some real folksy stuff and you "do it justice." That big Gibby records very nicely. I truly enjoyed hearing you. Don't make us wait so long for the next one.

This isn't a new clip but my mum just sent me the link to this as I was moaning that I didn't have a copy of it ! It is clips of me jamming with an Indian ensemble and some other stuff. it was great fun!!!!

I hope someone enjoys it!

http://www.passports...rs/Matthew_Sear

Matt

Matthew, you definitly play above my level. I not only enjoy your music, I'm a bit invious of your skill..lol...I've heard your music before and you are truly a skillful picker. I admire the hard work and dedication. Keep doing what you're doing.....Very cool.

Matthew, you definitly play above my level. I not only enjoy your music, I'm a bit invious of your skill..lol...I've heard your music before and you are truly a skillful picker. I admire the hard work and dedication. Keep doing what you're doing.....Very cool.

thank you

Monk

(Words-written by a friend (Plamen Sivov). Music is mine.)

On the steep paths of the soul

the climbing was in the deep.

I stumped absently in the life

and carved whistles of the beam in my eye.

I was passing evanescent trough the years

with a speed exceeded by frustration.

The peak was another word for disgrace,

in the bottom - eagle feathers.

My soul did not tolerate the fumigation,

the incense in the lungs choked me.

My fault boiled in inconsolable bells,

the prayer expired from the sleeves,

it flew away, but never transferred

the window, smoked by requiems.

Wandered off to the altar, startled the pigeon,

burned itself in the candles and hushed…

And I had no home and I had no household,

and I loused alone my doubts

and I believed, to last I believed that to the wise one

the home is a quiet shipwreck.

Now I laugh, I slowly figure out

the joke with the age and with the times -

when God bleaches us to the snowwhite

the blanching starts from the hair.

The days before me blow over in repentance

behind me the directions are flowing in a white point -

and merrily I forget all the wounds

of the falling downs pronely and on temples.

To fall, and then be raised again -

it is a mercy, when you think ...

on the steep paths of the soul

survival skill is the stumbling.

But the summer strikes its hat

and with a thin stick tapps its way.

I will leave early - to lap the sunrise

to the steep rainbow I will upwander,

and I will sing out : I come My Lord, meet me

under the hill with the silent trees

where I am rushing to feed Thy birds

with the prayer from Thee unaccepted.

And if it is the silence You wanted from me,

don't put anymore coals in my mouth.

Leave for me the quiet, but with prayer

rejoice the nightingale hushed in the fog.

As promised, here is my cover of Cat Stevens' "If I Laugh" from the Tea For The Tillerman album of 1971.

I'm playing the lead parts on my SJ200. It is tuned to DADF#AD and capo'd at the second fret which is essentially open E (EBEG#BE). I'd rather not have the guitar fold in half tuned to open E with medium strings on it! The rhythm part, I play on my Songwriter Deluxe and the bass part on my Rickenbacker 4003.

It was recorded and mixed using Sonar X1 Producer. Microphones are an Apex 435 large diaphram condenser through a Behringer MIC200 preamp and a Behringer C2 pencil condenser through my Alto S6 Mixer preamp. Mastered in Sony Soundforge. The video was recorded on my iPhone4. I used the audio from the video recording to sync the audio from Sonar. The video was edited and mixed in CyberLink PowerDirector and saved as an MP4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOg_g0C160U

• Upvote 1

As promised, here is my cover of Cat Stevens' "If I Laugh" from the Tea For The Tillerman album of 1971.

I'm playing the lead parts on my SJ200. It is tuned to DADF#AD and capo'd at the second fret which is essentially open E (EBEG#BE). I'd rather not have the guitar fold in half tuned to open E with medium strings on it! The rhythm part, I play on my Songwriter Deluxe and the bass part on my Rickenbacker 4003.

It was recorded and mixed using Sonar X1 Producer. Microphones are an Apex 435 large diaphram condenser through a Behringer MIC200 preamp and a Behringer C2 pencil condenser through my Alto S6 Mixer preamp. Mastered in Sony Soundforge. The video was recorded on my iPhone4. I used the audio from the video recording to sync the audio from Sonar. The video was edited and mixed in CyberLink PowerDirector and saved as an MP4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOg_g0C160U

Thanks for sharing this. Your performance made my morning ;-) As I am on the other side of the world - here is morning and as I drink my morning coffee i listen to this wonderful recording from a distant friend msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif