Gibson Brands Forums

Looper for acoustics?

Mafy31

Hello, i'm looking for a looper for my acoustics.

I would like to get one that respect as much as possible guitar tone, at a reasonable price, and preferably easy to use, not looking for top high end with all effects and thousands memory, just a looper.

Was looking at boss rc1, rc3, rc30... and jamman solo xt or stereo...

Any of you uses one ?

I had a jamman stereo one

Sold it as you need a degree and feet with monkey like dexterity to use it .

I'm sure it would be fantastic if I took the evening courses for it , but as a solo acoustic guy just wanting to build a song up or create a chord loop for a solo in the middle of a song then the ditto is all a man would need .

If you want to store various presets worked out at home to take to a gig then the boss or the jamman would be necessary

Or go the whole hog and get the boss ve7 like what blues king has . It's a vocal processor and all round magic gadget with of course a looper on it too

Depends on what you want one for

I have two of the Dittos (the smaller one and the 2 button X2.)

the sound repro on the Ditto (IMHO) is very much spot on and it's built like a tank.

Go for the two button model if you go this route, the single button control is a be wonky.

Thanks for this, didnt know ditto's were that good because the price is often lower than other brands.

Will have a look at them. Boss ve7 or ve8 seem nice but more expensive; i'd rather go with a cheaper model for a start.

Getting the complicated one put me off

I sold it just haven't got around to getting a ditto yet.

Getting the complicated one put me off

I sold it just haven't got around to getting a ditto yet.

This is why i thought that for for the price, a boss RC-1 might be the one to start with. The LEDs visuals help and automatic start as well are about all i need i think; just worried about the sound quality, and how difficult it is to stop a loop. Looks like tone wise many are satisfied with the ditto...

• 3 years later...