Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Mrs V's speciality....:blink:

Gourmet Breakfast....

Serves One.....dry.gif

Fry in olive oil an onion, optional tomato, chopped garlic

Add some yesterday's boiled potato....mash lightly....

Whisk 2 eggs....add to the party....[biggrin]

Ground black pepper to taste

Consume direct from the pan with crusty bread....toasted if desired.....[thumbup]

Medium to Strong roast coffee....

Enjoy....

V

:-({|=

We went to Sams and brought home a full rotiesery chicken for $5.00 and had a baked potato and corn with it. We split half so we will have the other half tonight. It was very delicious.

We get them from our supermarket but they are $8 here, also delicious.

1490664458[/url]' post='1844981']

I had a Scotch Egg for the first time on Saturday. Yum [thumbup]

Interesting, never heard of that before so had to look it up. I love develed eggs, people make those different ways but I like them the way my mom did it when I was little. She put the egg yolk in a dish then added mustard and a little Vinegar and stirred and put it back in the egg white and added salt and pepper with a tad bit paprika. Deb makes them with miracle whip and pickle juice. Not as good to me.

Interesting, never heard of that before so had to look it up. I love develed eggs, people make those different ways but I like them the way my mom did it when I was little. She put the egg yolk in a dish then added mustard and a little Vinegar and stirred and put it back in the egg white and added salt and pepper with a tad bit paprika. Deb makes them with miracle whip and pickle juice. Not as good to me.

I had never heard of one either until a few weeks ago. On an episode of Live From Daryl's House during the cooking segment. It was the one with Chris Daughtry. My son's girlfriend is from England and has been staying with us since the summer, so I asked her about them. She told me it's a popular dish over there. So when I was in this Irish Pub in Fells Point I had to try it. Can't say I've made one myself yet.

Interesting that the 'Scotch Egg' is 'nouvelle cuisine' in the States....[biggrin]

A hard boiled egg encapsulated in sausage meat with breadcrumbs overall....

OK as an occasional snack.....pubs in the UK also offer 'pickled eggs' for the drinker looking for a savoury taste....:blink:

Our local supermarket offers low cost mini Scotch Eggs....they are actually scrambled egg based....

Which can be a bit disappointing to the purist....:-({|=

Caveat Emptor......[thumbup]

V

Hmm, I've tried eggs several different ways. After watching Rocky the 1st time I even tried 5 raw eggs in a glass and drank it. Then worked out. Thought it would taste bad but it slid down so fast there's no taste. One way I won't try is a friend once told me when he was in the Navy he went to a bar and some guy was eating a egg. It smelled really bad and stunk up the bar. Turned out they had a delicacy to bury eggs in the hot sand on the beach for a few weeks and dig them up and serve them.

Interesting that the 'Scotch Egg' is 'nouvelle cuisine' in the States....[biggrin]

A hard boiled egg encapsulated in sausage meat with breadcrumbs overall....

OK as an occasional snack.....pubs in the UK also offer 'pickled eggs' for the drinker looking for a savoury taste....:blink:

Our local supermarket offers low cost mini Scotch Eggs....they are actually scrambled egg based....

Which can be a bit disappointing to the purist....:-({|=

Caveat Emptor......[thumbup]

V

A few shots of whiskey, a couple beers, a pickled egg or two... "Hey baby how you doin?" You know that breath is gonna up your game big time

• Upvote 1

For brekky I had a cheese & ham toasted sandwich smothered in baked beans. Lunch was an egg, lettuce and mayo roll and an apple. Tea wasn't quite a mixed grill but there were beef sausages, 2 lamb chopps peas, carrots & mash plus a mixture of onion, tomato & zucchini topped with breadcrumbs & cheese & grilled.

Here ya go:

IMG_0694_zpsilkf2dku.jpg

• Upvote 1

Deb wanted Julio's Mexican so we went. She messed up, thought she was ordering chips and salsa for appetizer but they brought a huge plate of chips, beef, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, quacamole, and lots of heart stopping melted cheeses swimming all over it. Took a look and said she can't eat that! So she ordered 2 tacos and I said I'd try and eat some of that crap. Feel like I need to go to the ER now and have my heart and veins checked for clots. Tried to just eat a small portion as not to just throw it away. Still threw half of it away or more. The things husbands do when wives screw up!

Yesterday was th 38th anniversary of Gael and I living together and we were intending to go out for tea but as we were in town we had lunch instead.

Went to the bowling club and I ordered Chicken Sate' and rice to be given 3 tiny bits of chook and about half a cup of boiled rice, not enough to fill anyone I reckon. Fortunately they have an extensive veggie and salad bar so I loaded up on those.

Just had bits & pieces for tea, not really hungry.