Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

We met friends in town for lunch yesterday and this was mine! Yes in true Aussie style it had a runny egg and beetroot....Yum!

I'm sure people thing I'm mad taking photos of my meal and I've given up explaining about photos being for this thread, but I had an i Pad with me, so why not?

Strangely I didn't need much for tea!

IMG_0683_zpszpne7vqm.jpg

1490120437[/url]' post='1843373']

Turkey,gravy,veggies and bread with butter.

That's my kind of meal. Just love turkey. Hot turkey sandwich is great. 2 slices of bread with mahesed potatoes in the middle and oven baked turkey on each side with gravy poured over. Yumm.

1490127014[/url]' post='1843404']

We met friends in town for lunch yesterday and this was mine! Yes in true Aussie style it had a runny egg and beetroot....Yum!

I'm sure people thing I'm mad taking photos of my meal and I've given up explaining about photos being for this thread, but I had an i Pad with me, so why not?

Strangely I didn't need much for tea!

IMG_0683_zpszpne7vqm.jpg

That's how I like fried potatoes rather then greasy deep fried like fast food places do it here. We had spaghetti for lunch and I had a salad for dinner. I'm trying to go cholesterol free till June when I go back to the doctors and have mine checked. Looked at some bacon, I had an urge for some as I haven't had any for awhile and Oh, No! There's a lot of cholesterol in Bacon.

That's my kind of meal. Just love turkey. Hot turkey sandwich is great. 2 slices of bread with mahesed potatoes in the middle and oven baked turkey on each side with gravy poured over. Yumm.

That's how I like fried potatoes rather then greasy deep fried like fast food places do it here. We had spaghetti for lunch and I had a salad for dinner. I'm trying to go cholesterol free till June when I go back to the doctors and have mine checked. Looked at some bacon, I had an urge for some as I haven't had any for awhile and Oh, No! There's a lot of cholesterol in Bacon.

If I remember correctly, they were beer battered wedges, they were nice but too many of them.

Beer battered? The best burger I ever had was cooked on a large grill at a Doberman Pinscher show afterwards by a guy who must of soaked an entire 6 pack of beer on a bunch of burgers. I was thinking, Ech, that's way too much he's soaking in there and can't remember how many burgers were on the grill but it was good. The alcohol burns off anyway but it did leave a flavor. I may dislike beer but I love beer cheese on spaghetti too. Today I had a buffet with Deb and Grayson.

Here's a challenge and wheeze from Mr and Mrs V.......

How sophisticated and healthy a meal (cooked) can be whistled up in the shortest time....?

Not interested in competitive times....just the ethos of fast food preparation

And enjoyment....[biggrin]

V

:-({|=

Beer battered? The best burger I ever had was cooked on a large grill at a Doberman Pinscher show afterwards by a guy who must of soaked an entire 6 pack of beer on a bunch of burgers. I was thinking, Ech, that's way too much he's soaking in there and can't remember how many burgers were on the grill but it was good. The alcohol burns off anyway but it did leave a flavor. I may dislike beer but I love beer cheese on spaghetti too. Today I had a buffet with Deb and Grayson.

Yep beer battered chips is quite the thing here these days and they are quite nice though probably not that good for you.

I eat too much potato, love the stuff!

I'll have them any way they are going!

The potatoes we had last night were lovely though just boiled. We are seeing varieties we haven't had before and most are for a specific type of cooking, and I guess that means we have to have a couple of types now and buy more spuds as a result.

Speaking of what we are eating, my Golden Delicious apples are just about ripe and I've started to eat them. They are still slightly tart but soon they will be exquisite. I like that tartness anyway and that's why Pink Lady are an overall favourite, both sweet and tart at the same time. You can't beat the juiciness of home grown apples though!

Yep I eat that...it's yummy! Fat beef sausages, chips and a couple of our fresh eggs smothered in tomato sauce!

Incidentally both my cholesterol levels are excellent!

Last night we had Gael's sister Roz and her bloke come for tea. Gael did her pot Roasted beef and roast veggies. It was a memorable meal!