Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Classic Antique Club

LPguitarman

• 1 month later...
I'd love to read some opinions of owner of these guitars about playability' date=' finish and tone quality. How do they compare to the usual Gibson line ?[/quote']

As far as I'm concerned, they are part of the Gibson Line, just special finishes. Mine sounds and plays as good as any Les Paul I've ever played. The finish is holding up nicely, but she is only about 2 1/2 years old. I had a professional set-up which also lowered the action as low as "legally" possible and it plays great.

'07 Guitars of the Week - Tom Morgan and Fireburst' date=' and their cousins, '07 Guitars of the Week - Classic Antique Deluxe and Classic Custom

[img']http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2121/3536513623_9edef7dfd0.jpg[/img]

1902694286_c368d5e7db.jpg

3949463010_d9c4cffaba.jpg

3948684711_8b60239b19.jpg

=d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d>

Apologies to the rest of the guys, but I think gromaj wins this one (if this is fair - which is not I think...).

I don't know if they are objectively the pretiest but certainly closest to my tastes...All 4 of them!

The best color choices available IMHO

What kind of price tag would I be looking at if I was looking to buy one of these?

I paid $2,000 back in June of 2007. If you can find one now it should be about the same, but it would probably be used since I doubt a new one would be sitting in a store this long. Since it probably would be used, I would expect to pay a little less than $2,000.

I paid $2' date='000 back in June of 2007. If you can find one now it should be about the same, but it would probably be used since I doubt a new one would be sitting in a store this long. Since it probably would be used, I would expect to pay a little less than $2,000.

[/quote']

I officially want one now.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...