Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson...What rubbish.

LarryUK

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nibs historic specs are cool, they are small due to the thin binding.

Nibs on the USA line look stupid-ish to me being that they are so large due to the thick binding. I wish my SG did not have them specially when they are not smooth.

Yeah - My guitars have nubs. And bounding. Not around the headstick though. Mostly around the bodice. My LP has creme packup rungs and scratchplaque. My 335 has Mickey Mouse oars and a slim tapir niche.

Whot the hack. Might be in nead of a louthiere... [confused]

[biggrin]

Yeah - My guitars have nubs. And bounding. Not around the headstick though. Mostly around the bodice. My LP has creme packup rungs and scratchplaque. My 335 has Mickey Mouse oars and a slim tapir niche.

I laughed. Hard.

rct

Ha ha ha hahahaha I just took a sip of 7up before I read your post and a little came out my nose I laughed so hard. [biggrin]:rolleyes:

Guest Farnsbarns

Just to be fair... "Nubs", is a meaningful word and seems correct. "Nibs", as a way to describe this feature, makes no sense. I vote for a change to common usage of nubs.

About the only advantage I can see to going "nubless" is an ease in fret dressing/polishing.

I can see why Luthiers might find it advantagous in a more consistent fret finish from end to end and not having to account for the binding material finish concerns...

But that's my own mind speaking and has nothing to do with any actual experience, just my own brain kicking in from what I believe to be the case purely from a visual aspect/perception on my part...

This just cracked me up. Good thing, because I needed a good laugh. Been dealing with budget crap for the last two days.

It's easy to say what one wanted when that person has passed away. I can't imagine Les Paul EVER saying that.

I just wish they would be honest with us. Whether you like them or not, it comes down to saving money. Look here to see the process involved to get nubs, nibs, bibs, ribs, dibs, fibs, or whatever you call them.

Archived