Gibson Brands Forums

Trad. Pro II Floyd Rose.

GibSinCity

I'm sure this is a fine guitar, and I certainly do not want to ruffle any feathers, but what is 'traditional' about a Les Paul with a Floyd Rose? I personally would not want a Floyd Rose on an LP, but I can see how there would be a market for this particular instrument; why call it a Traditional? How about the LP Dive Bomb, LP Shred... maybe the LP Ibanez or LP Jackson.

I'm off my soap box, sorry for wasting your time.

• 4 months later...

Got one 3 weeks ago at GC.. Awesome piece!!! plays better than anything I've ever owned. I also have a 92 standard and a 72 custom..I have owned at least 8 other les pauls. the tone and finish are flawless.. the floyd rose is setup perfect.. amazing..

Floyd Rose... I own a Kramer w/ Floyd Rose tremolo, my main guitar for many years. On one hand I really like it, it adds some great playing possibilities. On the other hand, tuning gets very tricky since slacking one string tightens all other strings out of tune. Bending a string gets less effective since the bridge rises with the bend, and heavy bends on one string will bring all others out of tune.

//Robert

• 1 month later...

I'm sure this is a fine guitar, and I certainly do not want to ruffle any feathers, but what is 'traditional' about a Les Paul with a Floyd Rose? I personally would not want a Floyd Rose on an LP, but I can see how there would be a market for this particular instrument; why call it a Traditional? How about the LP Dive Bomb, LP Shred... maybe the LP Ibanez or LP Jackson.

I'm off my soap box, sorry for wasting your time.

Agreed on this, I have to say. It seems to be a bit like the Les Paul Access, without the slim body and scalloping of the heel. If they're going for a shred machine, should they not just stick with Access specs? Just me; don't want to step on toes :)

Archived