Gibson Brands Forums

1942 gibson southern jumbo

You must have a ton of time on your hands to be able to keep finding these guitars.

it kind of bothers me that you would say something like that ... when I try to find this stuff for your and other forum members to enjoy .

I'm starting to think I should leave this forum ... because from the looks of it you are not enjoying actually seeing this guitar like I thought you would .

JC

You must have a ton of time on your hands to be able to keep finding these guitars.

Come on.....

This guitar appeared on my FaceBook newsfeed a couple days back (FBJ post I think). It would have also taken me all of 2min to post it here. I like what JC does.

it kind of bothers me that you would say something like that ... when I try to find this stuff for your and other forum members to enjoy .

I'm starting to think I should leave this forum ... because from the looks of it you are not enjoying actually seeing this guitar like I thought you would .

JC

JC,

I really like the stuff you post. Just ignore those grouchy old sods that complain.

That guitar has a really interesting combination of features, including a bound fretboard. I'd like to know a bit more about it.

Yeah! Who needs Google when you have JuanCarlos......the Forums "search engine"

Signed...."a grumpy old curmudgeon" or "sod' if you like!

And 'woof' we ALL must have too much time on our hands to be responding to this "drivel"

Oh well....it beats watching TV.......IMHO

Hope all is well Nick....I have some sailboat questions for ya in a bit...

JG,

The guitar afaik is not for sale it was featured on the fretboard journal facebook

and I just thought people here would like to see it.

Well, I know I liked seeing it. Wish I could buy it! Keep up the good work.

JC

The skunk stripe wasn't used to cover up a joint but to hide the fact that there was no joint. Due to the war there was a shortage of spruce and many guitars had three four and five piece tops That made the joints all over the top but never in the middle.

JG,

The guitar afaik is not for sale it was featured on the fretboard journal facebook

and I just thought people here would like to see it.

JC

This is about the ONLY guitar board I use and I for one am very glad you posted it here...otherwise I'd have missed ever seeing it. I don't use FB, I find it to personal and quite frankly I care less much about everyone elses boring life than I do my own, anyway keep doing what you're doing and do remember what they say about opinions. This is mine.

Thanks FMA, but the symbolism escapes me.

I'd heard of the NoBanner Banners, and recently TVguit (John) had mentioned in a discussion of '46 guitars that there could also be occurrences of Banner headstocks after 1945. Gibson, you know.

Archived