Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 2015 guitars

Rabs

If you go to amazon.com (not .co.uk) and type in Gibson Guitars 2015 a whole load come up (Gibson doing zero nut frets?? :o) and wider fretboards??? Screw free scratchplates? CRAZY!!! ;)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gibson%20guitars%202015

(edit) actually you can browse Gibsons shop

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_date-desc-rank?qid=1410111031&rh=n%3A11091801%2Cp_4%3AGibson+USA&sort=date-desc-rank

I wont bother posting a load of pics.. but heres what it says

The 2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional has a Mahogany body with no body rout and a figured maple top. The neck is Mahogany and has a late 50's thickness profile and a bound Rosewood fingerboard with Trapezoid inlays

•The hardware is a nickel Tune-o-Matic bridge with stop bar tail piece. '59 Tribute Hum bucker pickups with Orange drop capacitors.

•Finish is a gloss lacquer in 5 color options: Honey burst, Ocean Blue, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Tobacco Sunburst, Pacid Purple( :unsure: ). The guitar also has gold speed knobs with dial pointers and ships in a Gibson hard-shell case.

Gibson USA continues to raise the bar of Quality, Prestige and Innovation with the new line up of 2015 guitars. All Gibson USA guitars except for the Les Paul Supreme, Firebird and Derek Trucks SG will ship with the G-Force tuning system. Among many of the added features is the new Zero Fret Nut which is a patented applied for nut that has adjustable action capabilities. The new Tune-O-Matic Bridge features a hex wrench adjustment on thumbscrews for easy action adjustments. All guitars receive a professional set up with accurate intonation, and a new PLEK program with 27% lower fret wire. All models now have Pearloid Inlays and the fingerboard is a thicker one piece rosewood which is sanded and buffed with a new oil treatment for smoother and easier playability. To take it a step further Gibson USA has increased playing comfort by widened the neck and fingerboard by .050 per side. Spearing no expense, Gibson USA even changed the internal wires from 28 awg to 26 awg, along with a new and improved jack design and together they give you an improved uninterrupted signal. For 2015 Gibson will be producing gloss lacquer finishes and no more Satin or Vintage Gloss finishes. On top of all the upgrades Gibson USA did not stop there. They are now introducing a removable Les Paul pick guard with NO SCREWS NEEDED. In honor of Les Paul's 100th birthday all LP and SG guitars will carry the 100 logo on the headstock and a Les Paul Hologram on the back of the headstock for authenticity and tribute to the man himself. To wrap everything up, each 2015 Gibson USA guitar ships in a Gibson Hard Shell case. (ABOUT BLOODY TIME IF YOU ASK ME [thumbup] )

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup! There's the Les Paul Special Double-cut I was talking about a few weeks ago...

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/114707-2015-les-paul-special-double-cut-away/page__p__1551982__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=1551982

I am ordering one as soon as they become available for order. Getting the cherry one, as I've got enough "burst" and light-colored guitars already.

Yeah, the 2015's all have the script "Les Paul 100" headstock writing on them... and those "zero frets".

Yup! There's the Les Paul Special Double-cut I was talking about a few weeks ago...

I am ordering one as soon as they become available for order. Getting the cherry one, as I've got enough "burst" and light-colored guitars already.

Yeah, the 2015's all have the "script" headstock writing on them... and those "zero frets".

The weird thing about those zero frets is the ones I have seen are just after the nut.. These ones seem to be on the nut itself.. which just means you have a metal contact point (which should in theory make it sound the same open as when fretted).

And I see why the weird script "In honor of Les Paul's 100th birthday"

The weird thing about those zero frets is the ones I have seen are just after the nut.. These ones seem to be on the nut itself.. which just means you have a metal contact point (which should in theory make it sound the same open as when fretted).

And I see why the weird script "In honor of Les Paul's 100th birthday"

I am excited... have been since I saw them. I love that they actually have binding on the neck... and they are going to include a case! Whoo-hoo! No additional expense required!

The challenge will be the pick guard. I will have to have one made, but the knobs are situated in a spot where a portion of the pick guard for a LP Special has always resided. Will require some creativity—which will be fun!

I also just noticed more of those skinny LPs.. Or the LP Less as they are calling it

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-USA-LPLP15FINH1-Solid-Body-Fireburst/dp/B00NAVTVQK/ref=sr_1_42?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1410118767&sr=1-42

The 2015 Gibson LP Less Plus has a thinner Mahogany body with traditional body rout and a figured Maple top. Neck profile is a rounded C and the fingerboard is bound Rosewood with Pearl Trapezoid inlays.

•Hardware is a nickel Tune-o-Matic bridge with stop bar tail piece. "57 Classic and "57 Classic Plus pickups, with Mini-toggle coil spilt. Finish is a gloss lacquer with 3 color options: Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Fire Burst and Desert Burst.

•To continue the classic look the 2015 LP Less Plus has amber top hat knobs and ships in a Gibson hard-shell case.

612IDUhsi3L__SL1500__zps20707e73.jpg

519aKGNBtAL__SL1500__zps4f9d2732.jpg51tVtGqPdfL__SL1500__zpsccbda773.jpg

61MVtn0gtTL__SL1500__zps4e6235c5.jpg

To take it a step further Gibson USA has increased playing comfort by widened the neck and fingerboard by .050 per side.

This scares me. The reason I hate Ibanez guitars are those wide flat fretboards. Not all of us were blessed with long Dave Mustaine spider fingers.

I am excited to see this zero fret. I've never owned a guitar with one, but I have played a few old Mosrites that had them. They were a cool idea that did not seem to catch on.

I am also interested in the nut. The change makes sense on paper, but I guess we'll see if it makes sense in practice. I'm always skeptical that "upgrades" are really just cost-cutting measures made to look like great new features. I'm sure the new nut is dirt cheap to extrude, but it all comes down to performance.

Thicker wire is a weird change. What's the problem that's aimed at solving?

The neck width seems like a weird change too. I don't imagine Gibson's customers want it... so the question becomes: will they mind it?

The 2014 anniversary fret markers looked bad to me after a short while. The LesPaul100 silk screen looks bad to me immediately.

G-Force sounds like a re-branding of MinETune, probably because the minetune brand doesn't exactly align itself with the pinnacle of quality. Since many vocal players hate it (or the idea of it).

G-Force is a dumb name, but I suppose it's no dumber than MinETune.

I really want to see that trans-ebony in person. And that sea foam green.

What is it wider than? The 50s neck profile? Since the neck widths have varied on different models I am confused.

Neck profiles usually refer to the back of the neck.. They are talking about actually making the fretboard wider not the neck profile thickness. (I think anyway)

Archived