Gibson Brands Forums

Paul Geremia could use a hand

Rambler

Hey, all you good guys and gals. Anyone that follows old-time blues should be familiar with Paul, who is one of the best an interpreting the classics. For everyone else, he's a fine original songwriter and well worth a listen for anyone into acoustic music. Anyhow, the road caught up with Paul last summer. He had a stroke. Right now, he's working on recovery and trying to pay the bills. There's website for anyone that feel's motivated to chip in on his behalf.

I'm hosting a little benefit gig on June 12th to try and raise some funds. If you are near New Hampshire and want details, PM me. And, going all NPR on the rest of you, if you can't come but want to make a matching donation, you can do so via his you caring site.

Here's a link to a clip of Paul in action:

For some reason, the You Caring website wasn't working quite right when I went on it last night, but I'll try again today.

Paul Geremia is a great talent. He was a local boy just breaking out a bit when I was in college in Providence back in the mid-1960's.

He can play a 12 better than just about anybody I know. Makes it sing without turning to mush.

I managed a guitar shop in the mid '80s, and we held concerts by top-tier acoustic artists. Paul played one night. Only time I've seen him play, and he knocked me out. He came to the gig in a beat to death old Valiant - THAT was a Bluesmobile! I'm crushed to hear about this; the man's a treasure. Best wishes and healing hippie vibes to you, Paul!

the You Caring website wasn't working quite right when I went on it last night, but I'll try again today.
Let me now if you are able to get in. If not, I'll email Janet, who is helping take care of things for Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived