Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Memphis Models

merciful-evans

As the 2016 USA (Nashville) models are up, I thought the Memphis line would be there also. Well, not yet they aren't.

I suppose because there were no major changes to 2015 Memphis guitars, there is less attention. I'd still like to see what's coming though.

I am also waiting for the new 2016 models...I don't see why they did not introduce them at the same time. I managed to get the following pic from the recent Gibson Memphis parties they organized in LA..the new blue colours look very nice! :D

post-74806-044398000 1446799447_thumb.jpg

I am also waiting for the new 2016 models...I don't see why they did not introduce them at the same time. I managed to get the following pic from the recent Gibson Memphis parties they organized in LA..the new blue colours look very nice! :D

That ES-Les Paul in Pelham Blue msp_love.gif

Well, Gibson may not alter the 2016 models, much. Most of the 2015 complaints seemed to have had more to do with the

controversial spec's changes (wider necks, zero fret, Les's "shakey" singnature scrawl, etc.) to Les Paul, and SG models,

than the Memphis models.

But, it Will be interesting, to see if they add, or bring back, certain models, or "spec's? :-k

CB

I'd certainly like to see a gloss ES-345, or at least the option; came this close to getting one, but the VOS finish they seem to insist on putting on everything put me off. I don't mind it as a finish, but would rather buy a new guitar that looks like a new guitar, and let it age gracefully while in my care.

Still...not as bad as the Fender Custom Shop; don't think I've ever seen a guitar coming out of that CS that hasn't been relic'd in some fashion.

I'd certainly like to see a gloss ES-345, or at least the option; came this close to getting one, but the VOS finish they seem to insist on putting on everything put me off. I don't mind it as a finish, but would rather buy a new guitar that looks like a new guitar, and let it age gracefully while in my care.

Still...not as bad as the Fender Custom Shop; don't think I've ever seen a guitar coming out of that CS that hasn't been relic'd in some fashion.

I've got to admit that I am of the same mind. When I bought my 1959 reissue ES345 I changed the tailstop to a TP6 (which I prefer) but I had to get hold of a used gold one to match the VOS of the rest of it.

Archived