Gibson Brands Forums

Post your favourite guitar you own

Bulldog86902

As you might guess from my screen name:

11370345366_35365ae506_o.jpg

Not much "Gibson" left in this guitar except the wood and paint job. Most everything else is custom made/fitted parts. In fact, as we speak, I have an artist carving on a block of Sterling Silver to make a new tailpiece insert. I've seen the rough carving, and I can't wait to see the finished masterpiece. He says all he has left to do is polishing and engraving.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoying these pics. Some surprises here.

My 'favourite' is this one. Ive had it 21 years.

It aint pretty, I dont like the colour & dont like its image as a metal guitar (I dont do metal). I dont like the Floyd Rose (which is disabled BTW).

But it is the best. It plays better, feels better. Its built better. It also works for its keep.

Soloist_zpsrqmw6man.jpg

DSCN0402_zps4nubdhxd.jpg

So when a photo shoot is on, it goes in the closet and I fetch a pretty guitar. But for a critical gig, its always 1st up.

This is perhaps the nicest pix collection I have seen on here. Everything from Larry's L5 to the SGs.

And the Strats! I've never regretted part-ex-ing mine, but there is something about the shape that recalls those delicious sounds. And rct's blue one has somehow imprinted on me.

This one is my go to; 2004 CS-336 Custom order one-off. It's a dream to play and a great looker. I have 4 LP's, 6 Strats, a Johnny A. and a Larry CarltonES-335, but the 336 is first out of the stable.

DSC01958_zps3b8439ff.jpg

Photos don't do justice to the beautiful tangerine burst quilt. It is even more spectacular in person. The finish has a great 3D effect.

DSC01923_zpse45945b5.jpg

Without any hesitation my Gibson Tal Farlow, I waited so long to get one and I was not dissapointed:

vinlander-albums-stuff-picture26102-1996-gibson-tal-farlow-viceroy-brown.jpg

WOAH! LOVE THAT TAL FARLOW ESPECIALLY IN VICEROY BROWN [love] [love] [love]

Not just an awesome guitar, but he was one of my favourite players too.

Nice to see a couple of other archtop players on here besides myself. Always great to see Larry's L5 too. It's a beauty. [smile]

Some gorgeous ones all round here though, from that blue LP at the start, through to the SG's, Strat's and others. A fine collection of instruments we all have here. AWESOME!

Archived