Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Hummingbird Custom

jw3571

A very unique Hummingbird indeed! We'll of course need some better photos, a complete run down of your impressions and the obligatory sound demo. [biggrin]

I'm curious to hear your evaluation of the short scale maple body tone. I'm guessing the sound is much more open, clear and....well......maple-ish.

A very unique Hummingbird indeed! We'll of course need some better photos, a complete run down of your impressions and the obligatory sound demo. [biggrin]

I'm curious to hear your evaluation of the short scale maple body tone. I'm guessing the sound is much more open, clear and....well......maple-ish.

YES, YES AND YES .... I want more info also. Ive also been charmed by a HB maple quilt on a recent trip to Australia and kept thinking about it. I loved the clarity and honesty of tone, yet still very warm and with that undisputable Gibson attitude.

Please share more in terms of impressions, tone, playability and please ....... some sound samples would be a real gift ! [thumbup]

Enjoy, jw! Good looking guitar. I have a Quilt/Bird I would and do hang onto for the tone alone regardless of beauty. Let us all know more of your thoughts on the sound when you have the time.

i'm having a hell of a time trying to post better pics, everything is too big trying to post them through here, i tried doing a link to photobucket but don't think that's working

Dont stresss over the pics, just do a video playing and some commentary of your thoughts on it, we need to hear what the beast sounds like ! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

JW, sorry to hear that. It was in a class by itself, but none of us can own as many high priced guitars as we'd like. If I had that beauty, i would have spent as much time looking at it as playing it! I'm sure you've got a few other great Gibsons to console yourself with !

Archived