Gibson Brands Forums

string spacing

Blueboy

Give 'em a break man - they are all still hung over from Christmas.....

.....and they have to figure out how to use a ruler all over again too.

Oh yeah - and it's 1.74" at the nut on a 24.75" scale length if'n that helps.....

And just may be 2.13" at the 12th fret and 2.2" at the bridge on a 2007 J-45.

Surely somebody with a J-45 can be arsed to put a ruler to the bridge and post it here.....

Ok I'll play. Measured with a caliper. Center to center on the E strings.

Though not TVs:

1999 J45RW 1.493 at the nut (edit: this is string spacing not the width of the nut). 2.170 at the bridge

2006 J45 Maple 1.475 at the nut (edit: this is string spacing not the width of the nut). 2.169 at the bridge.

Well gearbasher, I feel sure our new chum Blueboy out of Sedona will be along any moment now

to thank you for your time and trouble. I mean - he seemed mighty keen at the start of the thread.

Gibson Forum to Blueboy, Gibson Forum to Blueboy, come in Blueboy - over.....

Dammit - probably out admiring the Sedona scenery:-

ARIZONA1A0013SEDONA.jpg

It's 3 AM so the scenery is a bit hard to admire right now. Indeed, thank you for your measurements although I have to admit my math is not good and I need to figure them out. I was looking for 2 2/16, 2 3/16, 2 1/4, etc. These are the type of measurements Martin uses on their site. For instance, my two Legend L-00's are 2 6/16ths at the bridge. My 1942 and 1943 L-00s are 2 1/8. The reason this is an important measurement for me is it tells me how little or much space I have for fingerpicking in my hybrid style. Not important to many/most but it is a determining factor in my guitar purchasing. When I lived in Southern California, Gibson dealers were all over. Sedona....not so much. Thank you again for your measurements. Michael.

Archived