Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul 50s Tribute with New Amp...Wow!

bluesguitar65

Okay. I WILL excuse you this time only!!

Only this one time offer!!

Sounds great man.. Keep up the work bud, I would like to hear what it sounds like in person to really hear what the amp sounds like though..

Good through computers though.... msp_thumbup.gif

Yes, the best way to hear this amp is to demo it personally. Great sounding amp at an affordable price IMHO.

Oh crap... another amp for the "I need one" list. J/k, thanks for putting this up, sounds like a good deal on a great sounding amp (noticed in the other Demo vid you posted that it's designed by Soldano, a long time big name in Rock/pop etc. guitar amps).

And BTW, I always enjoy your playing. [thumbup] Sepia tone was a nice touch too.

Oh crap... another amp for the "I need one" list. J/k, thanks for putting this up, sounds like a good deal on a great sounding amp (noticed in the other Demo vid you posted that it's designed by Soldano, a long time big name in Rock/pop etc. guitar amps).

And BTW, I always enjoy your playing. [thumbup] Sepia tone was a nice touch too.

Thanks T Bone!! Glad to see you post again. I guess work has taken much of your time these days huh? Yes, my new Jet City amp rocks! [biggrin]

bluesguitar65: great vid, thanks for sharing!

isn't the feeling amazing when you've found THE tone!? [thumbup]

Yea for now.....but often times when you go to a music shop and try out all the amps, guitars and pedals you end up coming home with new gear. I guess finding that elusive tone is never ending [flapper] Hence, all the gear I have in my man cave.

Lol... well, that didn't take long. Well, Black Friday upon us, and I guess my trip to Guitar Center didn't satisfy my "shopping jones", so I got thinking... that 20W combo would be a great addition. How much were they again? GC (not in stock here, but available in the warehouse) and Musician's Friend both have them at $299. Seems a bargain, but wait! The GC Black Friday coupon of 15% off, will they honor that? YES. But not in stock... Hmm, wonder of MF will honor the GC coupon (they don't have a store in Michigan, so I save nearly fifteen bucks in sales tax). No, they won't honor the coupon. But he says they CAN give me 15% off! (Like that isn't honoring the coupon? [flapper] ).

Okay order placed, it'll ship in about 3 business days. Total cost: $299 less 15% = $254.15, no sales tax + free shipping. I love it already! [thumbup]

Lol... well, that didn't take long. Well, Black Friday upon us, and I guess my trip to Guitar Center didn't satisfy my "shopping jones", so I got thinking... that 20W combo would be a great addition. How much were they again? GC (not in stock here, but available in the warehouse) and Musician's Friend both have them at $299. Seems a bargain, but wait! The GC Black Friday coupon of 15% off, will they honor that? YES. But not in stock... Hmm, wonder of MF will honor the GC coupon (they don't have a store in Michigan, so I save nearly fifteen bucks in sales tax). No, they won't honor the coupon. But he says they CAN give me 15% off! (Like that isn't honoring the coupon? [flapper] ).

Okay order placed, it'll ship in about 3 business days. Total cost: $299 less 15% = $254.15, no sales tax + free shipping. I love it already! [thumbup]

Wow great job on that deal T-Bone!! I'm sure you wont be disappointed when you get the amp. Great tone for classic rock or 80s metal with that amp.

Two minor things you need to know about the amp. On some amps shipped out of the factory had the speaker cables plugged into the 8 ohms jack instead of 16 ohms. The eminence speaker is rated at 16 ohms. Make sure its plugged to 16 ohms, otherwise the amp will sound thin and fuzzy.

The other thing is regarding the pilot light. On some of these amps, the pilot light would go dim or flicker. This issue was caused by soldering the contacts too hot on the pilot light assembly. If your amp has this issue, contact Jet City's support and they will send you a whole new pilot light assembly no charge and free shipping. This does not effect the tone of the amp in anyway. There is a whole thread on this at Harmony Central.

Other than these, the amp is amazing for the price.

Archived