Gibson Brands Forums

Way Huge Green Rhino

Californiaman

I'm going to be getting a Box of Rock very soon (similar to Fulltone OCD) and after that I will probably be looking at Tube Screamer type ODs to replace my MXR Classic Overdrive. This is looking like the one so far. So actually yeah GAS

I knew you could be persuaded... :)

Now I just gotta get you into 6L6 tune amps instead of those British ones haha jk

I knew you could be persuaded... :)

Now I just gotta get you into 6L6 tune amps instead of those British ones haha jk

I love Fender amps I just don't have one. My favorite is the Twin Reverb. I played a '67 SG Special with p90s and a short tail maestro into a ('64 I think?) Twin Reverb set clean with some of that reverb... Oh man. That's like the clean tone of my dreams right there. The newer Gibson p90s and Twin Reverb Reissues don't even compare.

I love Fender amps I just don't have one. My favorite is the Twin Reverb. I played a '67 SG Special with p90s and a short tail maestro into a ('64 I think?) Twin Reverb set clean with some of that reverb... Oh man. That's like the clean tone of my dreams right there. The newer Gibson p90s and Twin Reverb Reissues don't even compare.

None of the newer Fender amps compare. The printed circuit board makes it easy and cheap, but does nothing pleasant to the sound! Buy a vintage amp or a point to point wired clone instead.

If you set that thing dirty, I would not want to be in the room with you [biggrin]

Twin Reverbs are sick, that is my serious GAS for an amp

None of the newer Fender amps compare. The printed circuit board makes it easy and cheap, but does nothing pleasant to the sound! Buy a vintage amp or a point to point wired clone instead.

are there any sweet point to point clones at reasonable prices that you'd recommend?

Fred you wouldn't want to be in the same room because you'd get a hard-on that would grow uncontrollably until it explodes. I can't express how awesome I am in words.

are there any sweet point to point clones at reasonable prices that you'd recommend?

Fred you wouldn't want to be in the same room because you'd get a hard-on that would grow uncontrollably until it explodes. I can't express how awesome I am in words.

I need to get a Super Hard On [laugh]

See what I did there?

And I don't need to be in a room with you, just sayin... [blush]

And clearly, I am the better player. I have a Les Paul and nothing compares to a Les Paul... DUH

I was looking at a Princeton Reverb RI and compared it to my friend's '66 Black Face. There was no way I was going to buy that reissue. There was no warmth in the sound and it isn't just because of a new speaker. There is something missing. After a lot of looking, I got a Victoria 5112. Couldn't be happier with the sound. Very vintage. The solid pine box gives the amp a natural reverb, though nothing like the Princeton.

Man, that sounds great! I wonder if they'll ever reissue the Red Llama???

I called yesterday.

No one could answer that when I called.

The "tech guys" were out to lunch at the time.

Since Jeorge Tripps is working with Dunlop I guess there's the possibility of reissuing the Red Llama.

Here is a recent article from Premier Guitar Magazine about Jeorge Tripps.

I email the pictures to my Photobucket account from my phone.

It took me forever to figure out how to do it. That's why I never posted pics like the first year I was here.

Gotcha. I have all these pictures on my phone I want to post, but I;m too lazy to upload them. I'll have to do that

Thanks man

Well here's what I discovered about the availability of the Green Rhino over drive.

It seems Guitar Center is the only place selling them right now. It's an exclusive deal I guess with Dunlop.

Other retailers won't have them available until some time in February.

GC price was $129.00 when I called Friday.

Archived