Gibson Brands Forums

List of 2011 Gibsons

dem00n

I'm all over that Moderne XI! Finally! I missed out on the Epi in 2000 because I wanted a Gibson, and in 1982 when they were last released I was only 5 so wasn't on my radar! Is now!

Here is the list:

Picture10.png

Picture11.png

I ran into the 12-string SG a few weeks ago while searching info on the SG 5th Anniversay SG but I still have not seen a single pic and only European websites seemed to be listing it.

I will believe it when I see these models.

Moderne? yuck, my guitar calendar has a pic of one for the Month of March...good think I am out of the country for half the month.

Awesome thread as always dem00n....I had an L6s years back; nice guitar.....LP Trad with Bigsby ??? I'll bet it'll be cheaper to intstall them myself like I have been....

12 string SG ??? Neo has one...hmmmm.............

Im intrested in the new MM and Nighthawk stealth?

Hrmm hidden pickups?

Holy ****! Firebird Studio!!!!

They are bringing it back [love]

Wish it was a reverse but I do like that they are doing it.

Moderne? yuck, my guitar calendar has a pic of one for the Month of March...good think I am out of the country for half the month.

I find it hideous, looks like a V and an Explorer birthed an abomination.

Where's the SG Custom? I was hoping they'd release a few 50ths this year.

Yeah that's the big one I was looking for. Quite a few 50th Anniversary sigs and a lot of p90s. I see they're putting the bowling ball paint on a few of the models..

hahaha now Neo won't be able to say he has the ONLY 12-string SG in the world [flapper]

the moderne interests me...

also, idk bout the rest of y'all but the Les Paul Steampunk sounds pretty cool... that's obviously depending on what the finished product looks like. then again, i'm into the whole idea and I think steampunk stuff looks really cool, but alot of others think not. so i may be alone on this one lol [biggrin]

WTF is a steampunk?

basically it's where you combine late 19th-century setting w/ modern technology...

this is taken directly from wikipedia:

"Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s.[1] Specifically, steampunk involves an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century and often Victorian era Britain—that incorporates prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy. Works of steampunk often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic innovations as Victorians may have envisioned them; in other words, based on a Victorian perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, art, etc. This technology may include such fictional machines as those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne or real technologies like the computer but developed earlier in an alternate history.

Other examples of steampunk contain alternate history-style presentations of "the path not taken" for such technology as dirigibles, analog computers, or such digital mechanical computers as Charles Babbage's Analytical engine."

Here's the full article...

anywho, have you ever seen the disney movie Atlantis?? that's the best 'real' example i can think of.... hope that helps haha!! [biggrin]

o, here's a pic of a "steampunk-ed" guitar:

475519061_afbf3c2f4a.jpg

a lot of ppl dont like this type of stuff, but i think it's pretty cool [thumbup]

I guess a lot of the stuff in the recent Sherlock Holmes movie would be considered steampunk? :-k

I'm a little intrigued by the Frank Marino SG. I just think it's cool that he's getting some recognition. [thumbup]

What???

A Sammy Hagar Explorer (in Red...)

Excellent... I stand a good chance of getting one..

(cuz I'll be the only one who actually wants one...).

Maybe it will have a cool alien sticker instead of the

infamous Chickenfoot logo...

Either way...YES!!!

Archived