Gibson Brands Forums

Video lesson on tone

Duende

sorry to the American watchers if you have difficulty with the accent. I have made this for my classical guitar pupils to show the newer ones to dynamics and tone, how a difference in right hand positioning can have on the delivery,

I hope you enjoy. If there are any lesson pointers, things i could explain more please say as I will take on board, record again before sending to my pupils.

Many thanks

Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2jAs-H41x8

Great video Matt !

Yes, its amazing how much dynamics you can get just by adjusting your playing according to the closeness to the bridge. My guitar teacher was trying to bang this into my head for a long time and I think its stuck now.

Your demonstration really highlights this perfectly !

btw: damn you've got great technique, Im jealous ! [thumbup]

I recorded about ten and i noticed I spoke too fast. Also I wanted to choose really obvious in your face examples. If you had never ever thought of changing right hand would you get what I meant in that? The people watching it will be youngsters, about 14-18

Cheers for taking the time to watch it, I appreciate it. I had never considered youtube videos as an addition to lessons before but am going to stick ones up that carry on from what we have done in lessons.

Cheers

Matt

A nicely done lesson and demonstration for those that aren't acquainted with this aspect of guitar playing.

And I can see you are also good at touching on other topics without loosing your path to the subject at hand. B)

Hi Mathew....great sound and technique.......about the accent.....I'm just glad you didn't say, "Bob's your uncle!" when you finished....lol

I'll add that in to my next one for you!!! msp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gif I wish my accent sounded more hard *** English like Vinnie Jones or Jason Statham...rather than Harry Potter LMAO!!!

And I can see you are also good at touching on other topics without loosing your path to the subject at hand. B)

Ahhh that is good! It didn't seem like rambling then LOL!

Matt

Archived